News Tesla Model S with 2 integrated RF seats!

ADS

Mercuria

The shoulder harness doesn't appear to be height adjustable, so you're probably right about the big kid part. I'd love to sit back there (especially since it's extra-reinforced), but I'm about the size of a 12-year-old, so I don't know how much my vote counts!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Sadly, Tesla rebuffed our efforts to try out the integrated rear-facing seats. Heather is actually going to test drive a Tesla next week and perhaps will be able to see the model with the RF seats as well!

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

My husband and I have seriously considered buying one for our family of five. With them starting a $49,900-$59,900 once you factor in the amount of gas money you'd be saving they really are not all that expensive in the grand scheme of things. I have been drooling over this car for about a year now. There is a dealership about 25 minutes from me, my husband used to drive by it every day for work. There is a photo floating around somewhere with two children sitting in the rear seats. Let me see if I can find it.

Update: Here's the photo http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7839&stc=1&d=1342467308

penguingrooves

i want one... it's not THAT much more than an odyssey, right??? it reminds me of the olden days when we packed a station wagon and fought to ride backward in the trunk area (jump seat???) as kids. no one used seatbelts, and we were all potential projectiles back then. but this car lets passengers ride like that safely.

Phineasmama

Haha we had one of those station wagons and my sister and I LOVED sitting in the back! We always wore our seat belts though, maybe I was paranoid even back then :p We were out of car seats by like 3 years old but my parents did always make us buckle up.

Anyways I didn't think about all the money you would save on gas, I mean I would definitely 100% consider buying one if I could ever ever ever get financed for something like that lol. Maybe in a couple years after I graduate and DH and I are both working :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Wow wow wow. I wish more suv's would do that backward thing. I used to ride in a 1975 Volvo wagon in Australia that had a 4 pt harness on the RF seat, it was so awesome :D

jacqui276

That is cool! Are there weight/height/age restrictions for the RF harness? I would image you won't be tossing your newborn back there. They mentioned that they are children's seats, so I wonder at what point you are too big to go in them?

amyd

jacqui276 said:
That is cool! Are there weight/height/age restrictions for the RF harness? I would image you won't be tossing your newborn back there. They mentioned that they are children's seats, so I wonder at what point you are too big to go in them?

I checked the site out yesterday. They are for 35-77lbs. I told DH he should get one when his car needs to be replaced.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They were reportedly designed to fit kids about 2-12 years old. I think the harness adjusted height-wise rather like the Go and the SafeGuard STAR do, with the clippy things? Or that was the speculation?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That's cool! Growing up my mom had a Ford Taurus station wagon with the seats like that. I believe they were lap belts. My sister and I loved sitting back there. Scary to think about now!

littleangelfire

That is awesome! Too bad I'll never ever ever be able to get one. but maybe in 20 years or so their ideas will have trickled down to more affordable vehicles.:cool:

P1ally

They just opened up a Tesla showroom at a mall in San Diego. Going to check them out tomorrow! WOOHOO!

tl01

My husband and I have seriously considered buying one for our family of five. With them starting a $49,900-$59,900 once you factor in the amount of gas money you'd be saving they really are not all that expensive in the grand scheme of things. I have been drooling over this car for about a year now. There is a dealership about 25 minutes from me, my husband used to drive by it every day for work. There is a photo floating around somewhere with two children sitting in the rear seats. Let me see if I can find it.

Update: Here's the photo http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7839&stc=1&d=1342467308

We have a fully electric car and it would take us a long time to recoup out gas savings if we hasn't been part of various studies in the process. The installation of our charger was pricey and something we still paid for partly out of pocket. We had to add a 220v line to our garage bc other rise you won't get the faster charge rate. In addition, we had to add a second electric meter to our house to get the cheaper time of use rates for the electricity... Otherwise the electricity to run our car where we live would 3 times as high as what we pay now and would have been half our gas costs... That would have made the payoff take even longer. I'm not saying that it is a bad idea... There's just lots of kinks to work out with electric cars. As for the price.... It depends what trim level odyssey you bought... That car is at least $5k more than an odyssey at the top trim level and those seats are an extra $1500.

tl01

They were reportedly designed to fit kids about 2-12 years old. I think the harness adjusted height-wise rather like the Go and the SafeGuard STAR do, with the clippy things? Or that was the speculation?

I'm wondering if they do adjust like the GO... Otherwise, I think they won't fit the 2-4 ish crowd very well... I'm thinking those clip things must adjust though.

4889345C-47A1-41F3-B06C-E2C8BD8A3D0A-6755-00000382EA6E011D.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC