What to get while waiting for Foonf

WitchDoc

Can anyone make a recommendation on what seat i should get? I need to buy it tomorrow and i'm thinking i should just buy the cheapest one for now and use it for a month or so while i wait for the Foonf.

What are everyone elses thoughts? Should i spend a little bit more and get a better seat or buy the cheapest possible? What seat would you get if you were waiting for a foonf?

My dd is currently 20-21 lbs and the weight limit on her infant seat is 22lb so i need a new seat ASAP.

ADS

amyd

Do you travel frequently? If so, I'd get something lightweight like an Evenflo Titan or Cosco Scenera. Is your Zellers still open? You could check there for something on clearance. Or if you have a second vehicle you might want something more mid-range like a True Fit or Graco My Ride.

amyd

If you travel, I'd go with a lighter seat for sure. I personally prefer the Titan to the Scenera because I don't usually need a pool noodle for a RFing Titan while I almost always do with the Scenera.

WitchDoc

If you travel, I'd go with a lighter seat for sure. I personally prefer the Titan to the Scenera because I don't usually need a pool noodle for a RFing Titan while I almost always do with the Scenera.

are your rear seats flat or angled? what car is it that you need a noodle for the Scenera? I'll be installing this into a 2011 Acura MDX

amyd

I find that I need a noodle for just about any vehicle with a RFing Scenera, honestly. I don't personally own one, but I've installed lots of them, although never in an MDX. Hopefully someone with more experience in that vehicle will come along.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I just jam it into the seat back.

Yeah, me too. Sometimes it doesn't work on really firm leather, and you might not want to on really nice leather, but generally I don't need a noodle. I stand behind it, wedge it down and back with my pelvis, and it doesn't move a millimetre.

amyd

Pixelated said:
Yeah, me too. Sometimes it doesn't work on really firm leather, and you might not want to on really nice leather, but generally I don't need a noodle. I stand behind it, wedge it down and back with my pelvis, and it doesn't move a millimetre.

I'm bad at wedging seats in like that. :eek:. I've tried it a few times and it never works for me. I've also had a parent come back once after my wedging attempt didn't work and their seat was unreclined so now I generally offer the noodles.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yeah, I find I need a noodle the same rate pretty much with the Titan and the Scenera.

That being said, the Acura MDX has fairly sloped seats, and bolsters that would probably prevent the seat from being squished in to the upholstery much. Most of the MDX's I see have a leather interior as well, and I wouldn't want the edge of a scenera against the leather.

How old is your daughter right now? Based on her weight I'm guessing she's in the range of 10 to 15 months old, but that's just a pure guess. The reason I'm asking, is that as kids get older, it becomes more common for them to start riding in both vehicles with greater frequency. I think I'd choose a seat that you have the ability to use as a seat in your 2nd vehicle long term. Depending on what your price point is like, the Complete Air should be easy to install without getting too heavy. If you want to spend less, then the Guide 65 or Cruise Air 65 are going to give you longer growing room than the Titan and Scenera. The install on the guide 65 and cruise air 65 is identical, just one has complete air technology in the head area and one doesn't.

The guide 65/cruise air 65 really isn't much heavier than a scenera, and so far as rf'ing install it's going to take up less room than the Scenera. So that might be a better way to go long term.

Just something to think about if there's a chance that the 2nd vehicle is going to get used more as your daughter gets older. :)

PikkuMyy

amyd said:
I'm bad at wedging seats in like that. :eek:. I've tried it a few times and it never works for me. I've also had a parent come back once after my wedging attempt didn't work and their seat was unreclined so now I generally offer the noodles.

Like with other things, I think it depends on the vehicle. In my car, noodles are completely useless with the Scenera because they will literally slide right out. I have bucket seats, leather and no LATCH.

I think I've installed a Scenera only one other time. It was a newer Honda Odyssey and I'm quite certain that noodles were used.

amyd

Yeah, I've had slippery noodle problems too. I need to learn this pelvis-wedging trick. Someday. When I'm not pregnant:p

OP, I was checking out Amazon.ca tonight and they have several convertible seats on there for decent prices (My Ride for $145, I believe)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC