Stroller rec's

SnoGurl

I went to take S. to the mall today and realized once I got their that with Zeller's closed their are no shopping carts. I was pretty much devestated, lol.

I bought the crappiest umbrella stroller known to man for $15 on clearout at Zeller's when S. first started staying with me, but it is good for not much more then pushing dolls up and down the hallway. I later got an awesome deal on Schwinn jogger which I love... for camping and hiking. As a mall stroller it's great for taking down a half dozen people while trying to turn.

I know nothing about strollers (I know nothing about most baby gear, tbh). S. often gets dropped off to stay with me for extended period of time with little to now warning, and if we are going to stay sane we are going to need to get out of the house this winter. So I need a mall stroller.

The closest BRU is over an hour away, so it's not really an option to just head down and try some out. Plus, I have no idea what I'm really looking for, so it would probably be a waste of trip at this point. The BRU there also doesn't have a great baby section, so I would want to see what they had in stock a head of time and see if it was better to drive to the BRU farther away. I do have Canadian Tire in town.

I don't really need my stroller to do fancy tricks, and at the moment I can see it really only being used for mall days (which will be frequent once winter comes), etc. My Schwinn is great outside, and will probably stay as my outdoorsy stroller. I would love for it to fit easily into the trunk of my Corolla, but if not, well, one more reason to upgrade? One hand fold would be fabulous. I've browsed BRU website a bit, and it is phenomenal how many strollers there are... and how odd looking some of them are!

Any suggestions of ones that will fit the bill?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Corolla has a massive trunk for a car its size. You can fit just about any single in there no problem. :)

I love the Maclarens' push if you want an umbrella style fold. Or are you looking for something with a few more features, like reversible seat, etc.?

Keeks64

What about something simple like a Zooper Stomp? Or Quinny Zapp?

Are you wanting basket space to put purchases? Do you bring a diaper bag with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

SnoGurl

Thanks for the replies!

I do love my Corolla trunk, it has always been awesome for me. But I seem to be collecting more and more junk in it all the time. Really, I'm just looking for an excuse to get something with 4wd.

I don't really need any fancy features. A basket of any signifigant size is not neccessary, we're more mall walkers then mall shoppers. And I do carry a diaper bag, so it would be nice to have somewhere to hang one, but if not, I often switch out for a large cross body purse anyway, so it's not a deal breaker.

I didn't see the Maclaren on BRU-- perhaps we don't have it in Canada? I do really like the look of the Quinney Zapp, that will definitly go on the list.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC