Convertable Highchairs

SnoGurl

So I'm headed to the states next month and hoping to pick up a high chair for a shower gift. I've done some research, and I think a convertable one would be the best fit and most convenient. I HATE the reviews on BRU-- they're either glowing, and then say 'no i would not recommend this to a friend' or horrible and then say 'yes I would recommend this to a friend'. And, unfortunatly it appears most are not stocked at the store, so I need to chose one ahead of time and have it shipped to the store for me to pick-up. So, I'm hoping someone has some personal experience and can chime in!

These are the kinds of questions I'm hoping to have answered, but any info would be welcomed!

a) is it easy to clean?
b) how easy is it to remove the seat from the stand?
c) how portable is the portable part of the seat? Will it fit in the trunk of an average size sedan (I'm assuming yes, but don't have much experience with highchairs!)

These are the options I am looking at:

Graco Blossom 4-in-1: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4403309

Graco DuoDiner 3-in-1: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11959540

Fisher Price Home & Away 3-in-1: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11363411

Anyothers I am missing?

Thanks!

ADS

jjordan

Since it's a gift, I would try to figure out what the recipient would prefer. :) We actually got rid of our high chair recently (that had been gifted to us by someone whose children were done with it). We found that it was more convenient to just have a booster (like this) attached to a regular chair. We LOVE not having a huge high chair taking up real estate in our dining room all the time, and it is much easier to clean than anything that has a fabric-y cover (even if the fabric is "wipe-off"). Really the only thing I would change about our high chair setup is that I'd like to get a second booster to keep in the car so that we don't have to remember to bring it with us when we're eating at a friend's house or somewhere else that doesn't have high chairs/boosters.

The closest thing to a "regular" high chair that I've heard universally good things about is the Tripp Trapp. Friends of ours had one and I wouldn't mind a high chair like that if it weren't so $$$! :)

Baylor

I loved my high chair. I loved that it was on wheels so baby could chill in it while I did laundry or whatever.
I would also ask recipient or check and see if she has a registry.

auto correct hates me

vonfirmath

So I'm headed to the states next month and hoping to pick up a high chair for a shower gift. I've done some research, and I think a convertable one would be the best fit and most convenient. I HATE the reviews on BRU-- they're either glowing, and then say 'no i would not recommend this to a friend' or horrible and then say 'yes I would recommend this to a friend'. And, unfortunatly it appears most are not stocked at the store, so I need to chose one ahead of time and have it shipped to the store for me to pick-up. So, I'm hoping someone has some personal experience and can chime in!

These are the kinds of questions I'm hoping to have answered, but any info would be welcomed!

a) is it easy to clean?
b) how easy is it to remove the seat from the stand?
c) how portable is the portable part of the seat? Will it fit in the trunk of an average size sedan (I'm assuming yes, but don't have much experience with highchairs!)

These are the options I am looking at:

Graco Blossom 4-in-1: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4403309

We have the Graco Blossom 4-in-1.

We LOVE it -- conditionally.

It cleans easily, changes from one type of high chair to another easily. I have had no need to "portable" the seat because I have a FP seat I use when taking out.

I LOVE that this seat converts to a youth chair. Before my daughter needed the high chair, my son used it (until about 4.5 years) and honestly did much better than sitting on the chair or a small booster on the chair.

We also love that the inner tray comes up to wash in the sink because its EVER so much easier to wash than the bigger tray. Unfortunately, my husband just plops down food on whatever tray is on there, so I have reason to know this. He does NOT look to see if the inner tray is in the drainer drying and put it back in first.

I'm not so fond that the tray sits farther away from the kiddo and so more food falls down between kiddo and the tray :(

Also it does not fold at ALL so it takes up a LOT of space and will be a pain to get rid of when we are done.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC