Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

True Fit C630 vs C670 cover?

Just received our new TrueFit. They *regretfully* (thier words - lol) had to send us a C670 to replace our C630 b/c of the new 2012 regulations. As far as I can tell the seats are identical except for the anti rebound bar. We have to send the old seat back, but I'm assuming our old cover should fit the new seat just fine? When I first talked to the rep at First Years she said they would send an exact replacement and we could just reuse our cover. When she phoned back to tell me they had to send the new model she asked about colour preference making it sound like the old cover wouldn't work, but seeing the two seats side by side they look the same.

And once again I have to say how IMPRESSED I am with their customer service. We were rear ended and I e-mailed them to clarify what their replacement policy was b/c my insurance company gave me a hard time about replacing my seats. They promptly e-mailed back to say that THEY replace all of their seats that have been in an accident.
    DD - 1/20/06 - 58 lbs, 54", Graco AFFIX, Harmony, Graco TurboBooster
    DS - 4/19/09 - 44 lbs, 48", Graco TurboBooster

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

The C630 covers fit the C670. There just won't be a cut-out spot for the angle finder thingy.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

4. Thank You from:

Moderator - CPST Instructor Pixelated's Avatar

Re: True Fit C630 vs C670 cover?

Quote Originally Posted by K's Mama View Post
    And once again I have to say how IMPRESSED I am with their customer service. We were rear ended and I e-mailed them to clarify what their replacement policy was b/c my insurance company gave me a hard time about replacing my seats. They promptly e-mailed back to say that THEY replace all of their seats that have been in an accident.
    That's...interesting. I've never heard of a company doing this on a regular basis. I've heard of other crash exchange programs so the engineers can do their testing and analysis post-crash, but not routine replacement. Huh.

If you install with the lap/shoulder belt please note the shoulder belt routing has changed for the lock-offs; the shoulder belt only goes through the lock-off closest to the buckle, and of course the lap belt still goes through both.
    Jen ~ Canadian CPST-IT with CPSAC

Can't help on the cover but woo-hoo brilliant on the new seat. I was reading about your issues with SGI and glad at least this was a good solution. Makes me worry as we are moving to Saskatchewan soon and I'm dreading having to ever deal with SGI for that reason.

Oh wow thats great that they replace all of their seats after a crash.
    Obviously they stand behind their seats.

But when you think about it-- they make seats FOR crashes, thats what they are built for so why would they replace them.. kwim?I know they like to test them.. but then you only really have to buy one if they will replace.
    Mama to Landon 5.13.03 in SK Montereys in LBB mode at 115 lbs/58" and Chase 4.17.09 in Radian XTs @ 37 lbs/40" and Lexi 9.12.11 in a Radian XT @23lbs/27"

This isn't the first time a company replaced after a crash.

I have a friend who had her seats replaced by Learning Curve after a crash as well.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris