Anyone seen the Peg convertible yet?

ADS

biddyk8

Does the infant padding have to be removed at 22#? Or can you still use it and use outermost crotch strap position?

May be a bit late answering only got a chance to go and get the manual now. The infant padding can be kept in as long as the seat is rear-facing if you want to keep it in. It has to be removed when the seat is turned forward facing though.

Can't see any mention of bracing at all in the manual, even got hubby to check. Do you remember what section you think it was in Trudy?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It's only out in the US next summer or so, and sometime after that in Canada.
It says on carseatblog that it is coming to Canada, "but not right away".

Oh I'd heard that, but from the earlier comment I thought that meant it was coming sooner than expected, LOL.

Not right away can translate in to years... so yeah... it's not going to be anything to think about for at least a year I'm gonna guess. The Peg was delayed by a full 6 months and it was already in production in the US, so if the seat isn't out yet in the US, I won't be optimistic for it showing up in Canada for a good number of years, lol.

snowbird25ca

May be a bit late answering only got a chance to go and get the manual now. The infant padding can be kept in as long as the seat is rear-facing if you want to keep it in. It has to be removed when the seat is turned forward facing though.

Can't see any mention of bracing at all in the manual, even got hubby to check. Do you remember what section you think it was in Trudy?

I'm sorry, I don't remember now. :eek:

biddyk8

Can't see it in the peg manual but I know its in my car manual that my car doesn't allow it with the sensors, unless it was in there you seen it?

I'd email peg and ask techno would maybe put the seat back in your running

snowbird25ca

Can't see it in the peg manual but I know its in my car manual that my car doesn't allow it with the sensors, unless it was in there you seen it?

I'd email peg and ask techno would maybe put the seat back in your running

That's a possibility actually.

Sorry for the confusion Techno. Let us know what Peg says?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'll email them today. Cross your fingers for me...(and yes my vehicle is okay with this for the driver's seat)

ETA: email sent

--Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

snowbird25ca

I'll email them today. Cross your fingers for me...(and yes my vehicle is okay with this for the driver's seat)

ETA: email sent

Fingers crossed. :love:

Did you happen to ask them about the crotch buckle for older babies under 22lbs while you were at it?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
snowbird25ca said:
Fingers crossed. :love:

Did you happen to ask them about the crotch buckle for older babies under 22lbs while you were at it?

I was going to get the first answer then follow up with that question and ask for them to send me an electronic copy of the manual.

snowbird25ca

I was going to get the first answer then follow up with that question and ask for them to send me an electronic copy of the manual.

Sweet. Peg has been checking in to something with their engineers regarding a question I asked about their infant seat. I've been waiting for that answer before asking a follow up question as well. :ROTFLMAO:

canadiangie

Sweet. Peg has been checking in to something with their engineers regarding a question I asked about their infant seat. I've been waiting for that answer before asking a follow up question as well. :ROTFLMAO:

Isn't it funny what an "ask just one question at a time" world we live in now? I'm doing the same thing with a personal matter just today. I have four questions for someone, but life has taught me to tread carefully and slowly or you usually get no answers at all.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
canadiangie said:
Isn't it funny what an "ask just one question at a time" world we live in now? I'm doing the same thing with a personal matter just today. I have four questions for someone, but life has taught me to tread carefully and slowly or you usually get no answers at all.

That's exactly it. People get overwhelmed or confused with more than one question and then nothing gets answered!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
*sigh* Response from Peg below:

Thank you for contacting Peg Perego. In regards to your email, when the car seat is installed, it should be free and clear. The driver seat leaning on the seat is not recommended. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

I'm feeling a little deflated right now so I'm not likely to reply and ask about the crotch strap issue at this time.

snowbird25ca

*sigh* Response from Peg below:

I'm feeling a little deflated right now so I'm not likely to reply and ask about the crotch strap issue at this time.

So I wonder how they define free and clear? :confused: I love answers that just create more questions. Not.

Sorry it wasn't the reply you were hoping for and sorry you're having such a hard time figuring out what to do with babe for a next seat.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Saw this while browsing for an Ergo for a friend:

http://www.LussoBaby.Ca/Peg-Perego-Primo-Viaggio-Convertible-Alcantara-Car-Seat-in-Pearl-Grey-IMCO00CA35BL13AL53.htm

Why why why is this seat $599? Is it an error, or what? I thought they were in the $350 range and even noticed the leather option is less than this one!

Found this on Peg's blog http://blog.pegperegousa.com/collection-2013/now-showing-your-sneak-peek-at-2013/

ALCANTARA: If you’re into luxury cars — think Maserati, Lamborghini, BMW and Porsche — you’re going to want this! Alcantara is highly regarded as the best material for car interiors. It’s breathable, soft to the touch, resistant to fading and washable. We’ll be offering this as a limited exclusive on our Primo Viaggio SIP 30-30 and Primo Viaggio 5-70 Convertible.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC