Anyone seen the Peg convertible yet?

biddyk8

So Peg Perego say they shipped to their Canadian stores on Wednesday, but no where seems to have them yet. They also said the Canadian one has an ARB but no pictures with it even on their own website:thumbsdown:

I do think the foonf delay will work in their favour and a few of the people cancelling their preorders will get the Peg instead.

So anyone seen it?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Last I heard they were in transit across the ocean. I don't know if shipped to stores means that they are going across the ocean, or if it means that they've landed and are being moved to couriers to ship to stores? I really don't know anything about how Peg handles their supply chain or how fast factory-to-store is for them. I just know their seats are made in Italy.

Babies R Us isn't expecting them in stock before 2013. I don't know if that means that shipment is taking a really long time, or if other retailers will receive product before us. The info provided about the seat was incorrect too unfortunately as it said 20lb minimum for ff'ing. It also said 30lbs rf'ing max, and I sure hope that that was just another typo...

Why anyone would pay $350 for a seat that could only be used rf'ing to 30lbs is beyond me, so I really really hope that that information is incorrect.

The info didn't mention anything about an ARB. I know that the one at ABC kids that was shown on carseatblog did have an ARB, but I don't know if the model shipping will or not - the model shown at the ABC show was a prototype still and things change from prototype to final production model...

I don't think anyone will really know anything for sure about the Peg seat until it arrives in stores.

eta: West Coast Kids is still anticipating sometime in the beginning to middle of November: http://www.westcoastkids.ca/Peg-Perego---Convertible-Car-Seat and very specifically says that red won't be available until the end of November. That makes me think it's very close to being in stores - but maybe just not all stores will get the first shipment? I don't have any idea.

biddyk8

Their facebook says the delay was adding the ARB to the Canadian version and that it is RFing to 45lbs. It said it should be in stores in the next few days aswell.

Just a pity they still use the picture of the american one to announce it and didnt show the one with the ARB.

snowbird25ca

Their facebook says the delay was adding the ARB to the Canadian version and that it is RFing to 45lbs. It said it should be in stores in the next few days aswell.

Just a pity they still use the picture of the american one to announce it and didnt show the one with the ARB.

How bizarre that that is their reason because they had an ARB on the Canadian prototype at the ABC kids over a year ago. Maybe they'd had to redesign the ARB or something?

biddyk8

West coast kids have it in stock now, I'm going to play with it tomorrow and see if dd likes it and how it fits in the car. If I can I'll try and get some pictures of it with the Anti Rebound Bar.

Also need to go and get her weighed and see how much longer I have of being indecisive.

snowbird25ca

Thanks. I was in the store with a family last Thursday and they were expecting the shipment today. I'll have to get down there and have a look at it too. Wonder if Peg will email me the manual like they did for the infant seat now that the seat has hit store shelves?

biddyk8

Won't let me upload pictures, I'll try again later. We really like the Peg seat so much so that we bought it!

Its a really nice fit in our car from the rough install I did on it at the store, it fits fully reclined, with the head rest extended behind the drivers seat at DH driving position hes 5"10. Also fits the baby really well, fits better without the infant insert but it says it must be used until 22lbs, dd is only 19lbs.

They have the leather as a display model and its really nice finish if you have leather seats in the car, but I'm boring and got black.

featherhead

Won't let me upload pictures, I'll try again later. We really like the Peg seat so much so that we bought it!

Its a really nice fit in our car from the rough install I did on it at the store, it fits fully reclined, with the head rest extended behind the drivers seat at DH driving position hes 5"10. Also fits the baby really well, fits better without the infant insert but it says it must be used until 22lbs, dd is only 19lbs.

They have the leather as a display model and its really nice finish if you have leather seats in the car, but I'm boring and got black.

Can't wait to see the pics!

biddyk8

It looks narrower in the shop, but they weren't side by side so that's a rough guess. I can measure it if you tell me where you'd like the width of it?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
That would be great! From outside edge to outside edge right about where baby's knees are. So about where it humps up around the knee area if you're looking at it from the side. And at the top, not down where it sits on the vehicle seat.

Does that make sense? Bad explanation I know!

--Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

biddyk8

Its about 18 and a half inches at the top bit and 18inches at the bottom bit where the knees go.

So 18 and a half is the widest part of the seat. Hope that helps you.

canadiangie

Biddy,

Call Peg re the insert. Someone posted in a different forum that they are in the process of making the insert instructions different (my mind is fuzzy on details). I have no idea if it would apply to Canada, etc, etc, but it's worth a call if you prefer baby without the insert and she is only 19lbs.

snowbird25ca

Can you take a picture of the ARB straight on by any chance? Maybe from the view the child would have when rf'ing in the seat? (Or when the seat is installed would be even better.)

snowbird25ca

Thanks, that showed me what I was wondering about. :)

If you live near West Coast Kids and want an extra set of eyes to check out the seat, I'm game. ;) I'm only about 5 to 10 minutes away from there and I'd love to see a kid in the seat and the seat in a vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC