Foonf delay

ADS

hope41more

Seriously? We've got oodles of room to wait in our primary vehicle (GMR 65), but are within 1 1/2 inches of the shell edge in dh's evenflo secondary carseat. Hopefully this comes before he outgrows this.

tam_shops

I'm glad and sad that I got the Frontier. YDS now kicks my seat and it's annoying! As I understand it, the seat is sold out of a lot of retailers for their allotment for the year, this isn't going to hurt business any, but I'm a bit surprised that having release seats before, they weren't better able to anticipate delays.

tam

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
canadiangie said:
Google tells me this has something to do with a magical unicorn.

And yes, you bet I had to google it.

(is google correct?)

:ROTFLMAO:, I was not aware of that definition. I came up with it as a contraction of cynical gal, lol. ;)

ETA: Well crap, now that *I* google it, I see there is/are other(s) already using it as a SN; and here I thought it was unique!

Last edited:

christineka

I'm glad and sad that I got the Frontier. YDS now kicks my seat and it's annoying!

Seriously, if my almost 8 year old could fit the foonf by height, I'm real tempted to get her one and make her rear-face. I switched the seats so rfing kid was behind the driver, but whenever dh is in the van, I'm passenger and then I get kicked. I don't like having only one rfing kid! I do have 3 well behaved kids, but one has to be center, one is most convenient where there's no top tether, and the other one can't buckle the booster in the second row.

tam_shops

Seriously, if my almost 8 year old could fit the foonf by height, I'm real tempted to get her one and make her rear-face. I switched the seats so rfing kid was behind the driver, but whenever dh is in the van, I'm passenger and then I get kicked. I don't like having only one rfing kid! I do have 3 well behaved kids, but one has to be center, one is most convenient where there's no top tether, and the other one can't buckle the booster in the second row.

Glad it's not only me! LOL And, "well behaved" aren't generally words I'd use for my YDS. :p I've been careful to not let him know that kicking my seat annoys me b/c he's the kind of kid that will do it just b/c it annoys me! LOL I don't think he's doing it on purpose, his legs are there, the seat is there, what else fun is there to do in the car? LOL For me, it's the extra straw that broke the camel's back b/c he was happily RF in his RN, but he'd be on the top slot FF and was 2nd from top and half way to the top RF. I'm actually curious where he'd be today b/c my theory was one more growth spurt and he'd have been done anyway (head getting close to that 1.5" rule) and he grew b/c he had a fit about his one piece bathing suit being too small...

Did the people with pre orders already pay?

I paid a 25% down payment for the seat to be delivered by mid October. The store was more than kind enough to refund my money. I suspect that most people paid most if not all of the cost of the seat. Not sure if the other stores are being as generous...If not, back to may as well get a Scenera and use it as a spare for the live of the LO. I already had a spare Maestro, but d/c lady uses that on certain days, so I don't really need a second spare and of course Canadian Scenera's are twice the price of American ones.

tam

V

VanIsleMommy

it's too bad you don't live closer, I have a garage full of car seats i'm not using :whistle:

T4K

There was a hint on there that its being held up because of foam and that auto manufacturers have first priority with the foam so Clek keeps getting bumped. Clek didn't confirm this reason but either way, it does sound like a supplier with an essential part is holding out causing Clek's production to delay more.

Jessica61624 said:

I think they are "holding" a charge on my card but I think hold are auto released after a certain time period. They said they would charge when it's shipped.

oxeye

:( :( :(

I've had to break down and turn DS FF in my car temporarily. He only rides in that car 2-3x/month but I hate having a kid FF before 4. He's 39.5 pounds and right at the RF height limit in the MA70. The MT will have to be his primary seat until the Foonf gets here. I sold my spare Radian when I ordered the Foonf because surely it was going to be released before DS outgrew the MA70 RF. :rolleyes:

NVMBR02

It depends on the retailer. Some pay when shipped, some pay a down payment and others paid in full at time of order.

I had aid in full but cancelled my order about 6 weeks ago. As dd's rear facing time is growing less as time goes by I am less sure I want to spend that kind of money on a convertible seat. I still may get one at a later date but I will also be looking at combination seats. For now, dd has plenty of room in both her BlVD70 and her Myride65 so I will likely just wait to see where we are at when she gets close to outgrowing those.

Phineasmama

I agree 110% that FFing kids are annoying as heck :p

I have my oldest in the 3rd row middle mostly because of that. She drives me nuts so I need her as far away as possible! I have DS FFing this weekend too because we're visiting the grandparents, and thank goodness his legs are barely long enough to reach the seat because he's behind me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC