Question What are your favorite LATCHable boosters?

ADS

Xandra

I've only ever had 1 latch able booster: my Parkway SGL. I love it :)

Xandra, Adoptive Mommy to A, 12yrs-Harmony Cruz, Foster Mommy to O, 8yrs-Parkway SGL, A, 5yrs-Frontier, and L, 14mos -RF Radian XTSL, and Pre-School Teacher to 9 Sweeties who ride in Complete Air 65's & Radian XTSL's * Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Phineasmama

I love my Cybex X-Fix except for the seat depth is a little short for my leggy kid :( we might try the Monterey when it really comes time to booster but for now she is totally happy in the FR85.

aeormsby

We only have 2 boosters, a PWSGL & a Vivo.

The PW is fine/OK, I really love the Vivo (the only thing that might make it better is a slightly deeper seat and being latchable).

We haven't tried them yet, but I'm excited to see how our Frontiers work as boosters (will probably be almost a year before we switch them though).

VoodooChile

We've only ever had the Oobr and dd likes it fine. I give her a footrest for long trips but she's never had any problems around town. FWIW, I also have her a footrest on long trips in the Frontier in booster mode.

Dmcj13

We have had the sgl and the monterey loved the monterey and the parkway is just ok. I really just miss M my monterey, but I an excited to try the affix

bnsnyde

We only have the Oobr. I must say it needs more depth, and SIP that fits larger kids. The sidewings are not all that deep. I do like it overall.

Oh, we also have the Prosport in booster mode, latched. I love it but the headrest only goes so high. I like to get the belt really close to the neck. But the side wings are awesome and deep!

I wish the Oobr and Recaro could merge.

Phineasmama

I'm not really excited about the Affix because if it's really just a turbo with latch...meh. I'd get a Safety Surround with Latch though.

I want to try the Kiddy one too, part of my problem is that my van seat belts really suck for boosters. I tried the FR85 as a booster in there and the belt wasn't even retracting at all :rolleyes: DD even noticed something was wrong and she's only 5!

Dmcj13

I'm not really excited about the Affix because if it's really just a turbo with latch...meh. I'd get a Safety Surround with Latch though.

I want to try the Kiddy one too, part of my problem is that my van seat belts really suck for boosters. I tried the FR85 as a booster in there and the belt wasn't even retracting at all :rolleyes: DD even noticed something was wrong and she's only 5!

DA you have a Grand Caravan or Town and country? I have heard the Kiddy works well, but havent tried it myself. The only thing I have gotten to work is Evenflo boosters or Nautilus in HBB mode

Phineasmama

DA you have a Grand Caravan or Town and country? I have heard the Kiddy works well, but havent tried it myself. The only thing I have gotten to work is Evenflo boosters or Nautilus in HBB mode

Yup, grand caravan 2010 :rolleyes:

The Cybex X-Fix actually works well, the belt retracts normally. But its very shallow seat is not good for my leggy kid, and she's only 5! I had a box for her to use as support for her feet but she's just more comfortable in the Frontier and she will fit in it (harnessed) for quite a while yet so heck maybe there will even be something brand new by the time she NEEDS to be boostered full time.

tam_shops

Loved the Monterey until the head rest issues came up, when I lost it I replaced it w/ the Oobr. LOVE the install on that seat and there is *no* going back!

tam

solmama

My all time favorite latchable booster would be the Jane Indy Plus-truly a great seat. Good seat depth, belt placement, adjustable wings. Just awesome. Ours was defective, however, and not replaceable because they're no longer sold in the US. We replaced it with the...

Oobr, which is okay in comparison to the Indy. The seat is hard, and shallow, but it's easy to install and the belt placement is good.

We also have a Monterey, but with the headrest issues, I became a bit wary. My dd also outgrew it, and has nearly outgrown the Oobr.

crunchierthanthou

Skjp Monterey. We've tried the Oobr and SGL, too. I haven't tried the Diono version, but I'm glad to see they've adjusted the shoulder belt guides.

I'm intrigued by the Peg one, and bummed that the Orbit one never made it to market. I'd probably try the Peg if I were shopping for one. The Graco Affix would be worth a look, too. The only reason we bought a Monterey instead of using the turbo we already had was that we were terrible at remembering to rebuckle. Although, a new Hbb is a few years off for us. Ds is officially backless as of this weekend.

firemomof3

I've had the Oobr for a few years now and all my kids love it and fit great. My dd1 is close to outgrowing it but still uses it for long car rides :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC