good deal?

So I got a Cowmoo Parkway SG for $49.90 brand new, tags all attached and sealed at BRU/TRU... it was an online return... It's a may 2011 DOM but still seemed like an alright deal for what it is.

Am I crazy to start booster training Olivia? She just turned 4 a month ago and is around 40lbs, solid build.. Have to check her height. She will be harnessed until 6 or 7 but I'm thinking it's not a bad idea to instill good habits by letting her ride in this on the days I pick her up from school. Small white picket fence town, max 25mph limit and about 1 mile trip.

Good or bad idea and for the price, would you keep it for her? I was going to put it aside but it really looks like it's going to fit her great now. I know I'm not taking her on the interstate etc. in it but Interested to hear thoughts on what others here would do.

ADS

christineka

I wouldn't start booster training at 4, unless there was some foreseable situation where the child might actually need to ride in one.

firemomof3

Just watch the shoulder belt fit on the parkway. For my ds & dd2 their shoulders are still not wide enough and the shoulder belt is too close to the edge of their shoulder :mad:

Ok, thank you. Interesting.... It *looks* like it would fit her really well but good to know about the width issue. I obviously haven't put her in it yet.

I will take pictures and share here the next time I have her, probably Tuesday.

Either way I figured it was a good deal to keep for other kids. Can you use it backless like a Turbo? Just wondering for the 10 year old I watch. I got home late last night so I haven't read the manual... I am heading out the door to Disney and who wants to bet I'll be the first cast member in history to take a car seat manual to work for backstage reading material... Lol

Mommy2Marcus

I booster trained Marcus at 4 b/c my ex-MIL refused to properly use a carseat & she was my only option for child care. So, I felt safer with him in a properly fitting booster & him riding/sitting in it properly than a improperly used/installed harnessed seat or backless she threw in the car. :)

I would probably feel comfortable going ahead & booster training her.

Kat_Momof3

it's a great deal... I'd keep it for emergencies once I tried her out in it to make sure she'll have a good fit, but I wouldn't booster train her since she's not outgrowing her seats. There still can be bigger 4yr olds who have to booster train, but it doesn't sound like she's one of them. I'd wait one more year, until she's 5-5.5yrs old.

you can indeed use it backless btw.

Now if she had to be able to ride in a booster safely because of someone else putting her in a booster or it being safer for her to be in a booster because her harnessed seat wasn't properly installed and/or used, that would be different... and I've totally recommended booster training and use for those situations.

T4K

DisneyWorldNanny said:
I put Olivia in the Parkway today. I have a picture... Any way to share from my phone or no?

I usually copy and paste the image link from photobucket. There's also a "+" sign next to "New Reply" if you are on an iPhone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC