Charlie in the Recaro Euro

Shaunam

I finally, FINALLY got a Recaro convertible after waffling for years over whether it might work for us. They are just kind of expensive and not being able to try one out in person held me back. But I found one for $105 on NBD and it ended up being like $121 with tax and shipping so I got it.

She has more room to grow than in the My ride, about 1 1/2-2". It's nice and narrow, which is good for her, although I can see it being an issue for bigger kids. The leg support isn't the greatest but I already fixed that problem. I love how easy it is to loosen and tighten the harness (when you have a kid with spastic limbs, you can't just leave it alone, you HAVE to adjust it, so smooth is nice). Other than the leg support thing, Charlie seems to think it's comfortable. :D

I've heard some people say it wasn't supportive enough for their kid with CP but I think maybe it depends on how it installs in the car. It reclines beautifully in mine.

DSCN3212.jpg

DSCN3210.jpg

DSCN3216.jpg

DSCN3209.jpg

This is my fix for her feet dangling:
DSCN3217.jpg

ADS

thtr4me

Looks great! What did you use for the footrest? It looks intriguing. I need to do one for DS1, as he complains about his legs dangling.

Shaunam

Looks great! What did you use for the footrest? It looks intriguing. I need to do one for DS1, as he complains about his legs dangling.

We drove 1 1/2 hours to go to an appointment. I don't think Charlie has ever been in the car that long. LOL I noticed she was uncomfortable, so I asked the therapist there if they had string or yarn or something. I was going to make a footrest with the pool noodle I have in the car. She gave me this stretchy band thingy...a therapy band? Anyway it works great. I don't know that a child could get his own feet in it though, without being able to lean forward in his seat to use his hands. I put Charlie's feet there and she keeps them there.

2BunniesMommy

Looks like a great fit for her other than the dangling legs. If the theraband is the same as my PT used with me, it is pure latex. Not sure if that is a problem for you, Charlie, or Adrian, but wanted to mention just in case. My PT didn't think it was latex, but when I had her double check before we used it a second time she found that it was. If latex is fine or it is different, then I can see how it would make an awesome footrest.

Shaunam

Looks like a great fit for her other than the dangling legs. If the theraband is the same as my PT used with me, it is pure latex. Not sure if that is a problem for you, Charlie, or Adrian, but wanted to mention just in case. My PT didn't think it was latex, but when I had her double check before we used it a second time she found that it was. If latex is fine or it is different, then I can see how it would make an awesome footrest.

Yes, she did warn me it was latex. :thumbsup: I don't know that either kid has been exposed to latex, but if they haven't there's only one way to find out if they are allergic. :p

Xandra

Great idea!

FYI: Latex allergies are usually something that develops from excessive exposure in childhood. So Charlie is likely at risk if she has been in the hospital for a lot for procedures and such (I don't know her story, I'm just ASSuming here). But it usually doesn't develop until about 5ish years old or later, and is certainly not guaranteed no matter how much exposure. I didn't develop it until 19. Before that I just had a severe adhesive allergy.

Xandra, Adoptive Mommy to A, 12yrs-Harmony Cruz, Foster Mommy to O, 8yrs-Parkway SGL, A, 5yrs-Frontier, and L, 14mos -RF Radian XTSL, and Pre-School Teacher to 9 Sweeties who ride in Complete Air 65's & Radian XTSL's * Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC