dilemma

N

natty cartmell

I have a three week old daughter and looking to buy a car seat which ages from birth to 4 years. however, I own a Kia Rio 2007 plate ice 1.6. I am really struggling to find a shop or web site which can tell me what car seats are available. please help:)

ADS

Adventuredad

Only seat lasting from birth to age 4 or so is Duologic 2. It will last to around age 4 or a height of 110 cm. It's a compact seat which can be installed with Isofix or seat belt and has a rear facing weight limit of 18 kg.

The seat basically consist of an infant seat which slides into an Isofix base. The infant seat part can be used without the base to 10 kg when installed with seat belt only.

The infant seat can also be pulled with a handle, it has small wheels, and placed on the ground as a little "baby chair". Angle is adjustable in three positions while driving which works well.

The seat has passe the ultra strict Swedish Plus Test up to 18 kg (which is by far the wrodls strictest car seat standard, it's very abusive). Duologic fits well in most cars small to large since it's a compact seat so it will be fine in your Rio. Overall it's a very popular rear facing seat since it's compact and versatile.

Britax Hi-Way and Besafe X3/X3 Isofix are also approved from birth but are not good choices since small children fit poorly in the seats. We recommend children to start using these seats when they can sit unassisted.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC