Best double stroller with buggy board option

Lilybug1

So come April, I will have a 20 month old and newborn, as well as a 5 year old. Right now, we have the Baby Jogger City Mini which I love but I heard the buggy board sucks. I know my 5 year old should be good enough to walk, but she's a big baby and whenver she sees her little sister in a stroller and not her, she says her legs are tired. She does mostly walk or go on her bike, etc. But I'd like to preserve the option of her hopping on/off as needed.

I mostly like the lightweight(ish) and the fold of the Baby Jogger.

I've heard the the Baby Jogger Elite works a little better with the buggy board because it has more headroom. Does anyone else agree?

Also, just FYI, I really don't like the option of the rumble seat on the Uppa Baby and Phil/TEd where one baby/child is facing the backside of another chair. Doesn't seem like a very interesting ride.

Thanks in advance.

ADS

Lilybug1

It's pretty open. I would probably have to sell my baby jogger city mini and possibly the uppa baby vista, simply because I have just acquired too many strollers at this point and I am running out of stroller parking in the corners of my house.

Rosey

I have enjoyed my BJCMD with the BJ buggy board. Hauls a lot of weight and the board can fold up out of the way when not in use. I might have some pics if that helps.

zoecoltsmama

if the only drawback of the Uppa vista for you is that seetting set up, you can just flip the main seat so they are looking at one another! I do like the vistas buggy board for looks, sturdyness, big, good headroom and have used it with all three often, you can also fold it with buggy board on it, someone told me that is not the case with all buggy board configurations? Also I think its the mountain buggy that has the scooter attachment? that seams fun for a five year old. My three and a half year old has tried it in the store and it seems nice

Adorkable

Have you looked at the BJ City Select? Love it to the ends of the earth, we usually have the seats facing each other, no ones tucked away and they make a ride board for it.

Lilybug1

I have enjoyed my BJCMD with the BJ buggy board. Hauls a lot of weight and the board can fold up out of the way when not in use. I might have some pics if that helps.

Rosey, could I see a pic? you don't find an issue with the headroom? I would love not to have to give up my baby jogger because I love the fold and side by side.

Lilybug1

Have you looked at the BJ City Select? Love it to the ends of the earth, we usually have the seats facing each other, no ones tucked away and they make a ride board for it.

I did see it but the frame looks so much like the uppa baby vista. I understand it has definite improvements with the seat configuration...may make a trip to buy buybaby and test it out.

ctbcleveland

I have a Valco Double that pushes really well but it is heavy. Also really spendy, but I got mine used. You can add the valco hitchiker to it.

Adorkable

I did see it but the frame looks so much like the uppa baby vista. I understand it has definite improvements with the seat configuration...may make a trip to buy buybaby and test it out.

i am around twin strollers every day because im in a very large twins club, and i can say that the BJ City Select is by far one of the best, good company and study as can be, fast fold and good brakes that are hand operated, never knew how nice that feature was going to be! handles amazing, just have to check it out in person

Rosey

Two 2 year olds sitting, 5 yr old standing.
IMG_2471.jpg

5 yr and 2 yr sitting, 2 yr standing.
IMG_2730.jpg

Lilybug1

Rosey, This arrangement doesn't look so bad. So you have teh Baby Jogger City Mini double, right? Also,, you have the baby jogger glider board? It got horrible reviews for the child having no headroom and/or the adult pushing the stroller having to be hunched over in order to avoid kicked the glider board. You haven't had these problems? Thanks...I'd love not to have change our double.

Rosey

Yes, mini double and BJ glider board. I don't have issues with anything mentioned. I'm 5'4'' and my 5'6'' sis didnt have trouble. It fits our needs well. I suspect some of the reviewers arent operating it correctly. It retracts towards and away from the rear axle if that makes sense at all.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm gonna go with Mountain Buggy or Easywalker as the "best" ones out there, probably. But not the most cost-effective. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC