Question Harnessed Boosters to buy or not to buy?

mlohry

Thinking about the not too far off future. I am going to try to get DD to 4 RF or to Spring which happens about the same time. I know we could just use a seat we have to FF her (Size4me and MA70) but I kind of want a harnessed booster seat. She is a peanut, but I love Britax, so thinking FR or the Recaro. We had Nautiluses with my boys and I loved them harnessed, but they did not work well as boosters. Would you buy a harnessed booster for a 4 year old or just use what you have until booster age?

ADS

rachelandtyke

If you already have convertibles that she fits in ffing with room to grow, I'd go with those and buy a dedicated booster when she gets to booster age.

We did that with DD and will do that with DS as well.

(DD rode rfing in her Blvd, then we gave it to DS and she rode ffing in a TF until she was ready to booster. Plus when it came time for booster training, it was nice to have a dedicated harnessed seat and a dedicated booster in there depending on which she needed without having to switch anything around.)

Brianna

If I could afford to and preferred a particular combination seat over a FF convertible, sure- why not?

J has a MR and an EFTA that he can still fit in, but they're being used as spares and his normal seats are the Argos and Frontier just because of preference.

abigaylebelle

We just used our convertibles ff for ds but I can see the appeal in having a harness to booster seat for a 4-6 year old. If you want to use a harness to booster I would just get one and sell one convertible. Then keep whichever convertible is lighter/easier to carry for air travel and such.

bnsnyde

I would if I wanted to. I actually think many of those seats make awesome boosters will steller SIP over a lot of the dedicated boosters.
I actually was about to do that (harnessed booster) for my 6-year-old. I would have bought the only seat to fit him harnessed (Frontier85). He doesn't even fit the Prosport anymore. Well, I ended up getting the Oobr.
I do have to remind him to sit properly sometimes, and some days I just want to go get a Frontier85. It's frustrating. A tough decision. Though, I honestly don't know how much room he'd have had to grow in even that harness.
So, I guess I made my decision.

kam1011

With the seats you have, I probably wouldn't buy a combination seat because what you have will work for now and I generally prefer dedicated boosters to the combination boosters, not for safety reasons, but just cosmetic, ease of use type preferences.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC