Travel from canada to usa.

krickison

My family is planning a trip to Disneyland next February. We have 3 kids, ages 5, almost 3 and 11mths at the time of the trip. My original plan was to carry on a booster for DD5 but use DS1 carseat for her on the plane and DD2 would use her seat on the plane. DS1 will be a lap child, we don't need to debate it :) I thought this was a fool proof plan, but it looks like we will likely be flying with alaska airlines and if I read it correctly they don't allow Carseats on board for children over 22 lbs. I don't want to gate check the seats but I don't know what else to do.

ADS

bubbaray

Alaska definitely allows child restraints over 22lbs. The 22-40 reference is to the CARES harness.

Are you flying out of YVR? The very best and cheapest routing with Alaska is from SEA direct nonstop to SNA (Orange County). It takes you only 15 min to get from SNA to DL. As opposed to 60+min from LAX to DL. One year we took the DL Express and it took 90 min from LAX to DL which totally sucked. SNA is a MUCH nicer airport than LAX

krickison

Use of the ACSD is the same as use of any approved CRS. Any other child booster seats and other types of child restraints may not be used during take-off, landing, and surface movements regardless of what stamp/seal of approval these booster or harness devices carry.

This is the part that makes me worry that we can't use a carseat with our kids over 22 lbs. we are planning to fly Bellingham to sna, the airport fees out of Vancouver are ridiculous.

krickison

I realize we will have to change planes along the way, I don't know if I've ever flown direct anywhere before, so I'm not sure if that's an issue for us.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
If you're flying Alaska Airlines, they're subject to FAA regulations. The FAA most definitely allows car seat use beyond 22 lbs. Basically, as long as you have a ticket for a child, you have a restraint that is government-approved for airline use, and your child fits within the manufacturer's limits, you cannot be denied the right to use it. http://carseatblog.com/8037/guest-blog-flying-with-a-car-seat-know-your-rights/

I only skimmed the other responses, but I agree that SNA is a much nicer, easier, and closer-to-Disneyland airport than LAX.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC