Maxi Cosi Time Machine

ADS

christineka

I saw the white shells and hoped that they wouldn't change them. Imo, white looks bad on a car seat.

Yuck on the leather pria!

Mags462

I'm sorry.... white is not working for that seat! And leather for a car seat? Really? The poor child that has to sit in that :p

monica-m

CPST Instructor
The leather is deer skin leather and it's very soft. It is available on a Mico or TinyFit-less Pria. I didn't get a price on the Mico but the Pria is VERY expensive ($900+). Maxi Cosi is going to start offering the Pria without the TinyFit as well as with. There are going to be some new colors. The white shelled Mico is going to be available for about $50 more and there will be a white shelled Prezi that will be about $10 more than the black.

canadiangie

The leather is deer skin leather and it's very soft. It is available on a Mico or TinyFit-less Pria. I didn't get a price on the Mico but the Pria is VERY expensive ($900+). Maxi Cosi is going to start offering the Pria without the TinyFit as well as with. There are going to be some new colors. The white shelled Mico is going to be available for about $50 more and there will be a white shelled Prezi that will be about $10 more than the black.

I'm sorry, did you say Dorel is pricing one of their seats at 900 dollars?

jacqui276

I like the white shell when it is sitting on display all nice but would imagine that it wouldn't look so pretty after using it in and out of the car for a few months.

That leather seat looks hideous!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I saw the white shells and hoped that they wouldn't change them. Imo, white looks bad on a car seat.

Yuck on the leather pria!

The white is hideous. I actually think the leather looks super comfy, if not pretty. I prefer leather furniture and vehicle seats. They feel so much better on my skin and I don't mind waiting a few minutes to cool the car before I get in if the seats (or more importantly, the steering wheel!) is too hot.

But the price...yeah, NOT!

monica-m

CPST Instructor
A have a bunch of info about the Diono StratoFIX on our FB page. I think it's going to be a really cool seat.

tiggercat

monica-m said:
A have a bunch of info about the Diono StratoFIX on our FB page. I think it's going to be a really cool seat.

Which Facebook page? It looks pretty cool from what Dr Google has told me :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The leather seat looks like one of those massage chairs at the mall. Who on earth would pay $900 for it?!

tiggercat

Pixelated said:
The leather seat looks like one of those massage chairs at the mall. Who on earth would pay $900 for it?!

Bodily fluids wipe off. My guess is it is for institutional use, like the leather Monterey.

tiggercat

christineka said:
Because institutions have $900 to blow on one car seat...

I am not saying it is right to price the seat so high. I think the high cost of special needs seats is awful. I am just explaining that in some circumstances, being able to wipe a seat clean with an antibacterial spray and towel would be advantageous. Of course vinyl would probably work just as well for less money...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC