Uh, yeah, we might need that part. lol

Harmony96

So, newly-potty-learned DS peed in his car seat the other day while in the care of DH. I took our "spare" seat (since the baby isn't here yet) and fixed the straps for DS's size, then had DH put that in the car so I could disassemble and wash the cover for DS's seat and have time to let it dry, but still be able to go places.

Anyway. Today, I put the cover back on DS's seat, carefully connecting all the clips and snaps and getting everything lined up properly, or so I thought. DH installs it and the four of us are getting ready to go somewhere. DH was buckling up DS, and then he goes, "Where's the other piece? Here, stand up, DS." I asked him what he was looking for, because I had put all the pieces back on the straps. I knew that for sure.

Turns out he was looking for the female end of the crotch buckle, and having no luck finding it. (He'd asked for DS to stand up, because you know how sometimes if they're slouching a little in their seat, and if the crotch buckle is laying backwards, it might hide under the child's bottom until they're situated and proper.)

I forgot to pull the buckle up through the cover, and it was trapped, inaccessible to DH, between the cover and the car seat body, lol. No wonder poor DH was all confused.

ADS
I tried to put back together one of my Britax seats while trying to talk to someone and I put the straps back through the shell, chest clip on, reattached to the splitter plate, etc.then as I went to bring it back out to the car, I tripped over the HUGS pads laying on the floor.. the whole flipping thing had to come apart again because it was a FF install and required them. I was not.pleased.

Lenae

Just the other day, I washed my RXT cover, and wiped down the whole seat. I snapped the cover back on and then I couldn't find the crotch buckle to put back in. I tore my whole house apart, blaming DH, the kids, the dog, just about everyone. Then I noticed a bulge in the hip area under the cover. I had left the buckle laying in the seat and just put the cover back on over it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC