Graco says forward crotch buckle position in RF mode on Size4Me is okay & other notes

ADS

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I really have to applaud Graco's responses to customer concerns/complaints with this seat! It's so great to see a company listening AND doing something about it!

Since it's highly unlikely I will be able to afford the Foonf, I'm thinking this will definitely be DS's new seat when he outgrows his CCO.

Phineasmama

I really have to applaud Graco's responses to customer concerns/complaints with this seat! It's so great to see a company listening AND doing something about it!

Since it's highly unlikely I will be able to afford the Foonf, I'm thinking this will definitely be DS's new seat when he outgrows his CCO.

It's like the Foonf for poor people I swear :p

I do have a couple small issues with it (the harness tightening is annoying) but honestly it's a great seat and I really like that it will last such a long time RFing.

HayleyCPST

Graco changes forward facing height limit on Size4Me

Hi everyone,
Wow I've been busy today!

Graco posted today that the forward facing height limit has increased to 52" (not sure what it was previously). Yay!

They also posted information regarding the challenges parents have found in tightening the harness and posted tips that most of us already know.
My recommendation: If using rear facing, see if you can pull any slack out from the back of the seat, then pull the strap.

Additionally, I'd like to point out that although there is no longer the 40" rear facing height limit, the 1" rule from the top of the head rest also does not apply to this seat.
The new recommendation is that the child will outgrow the seat by height when rear facing when the child's head is less than an inch below the bottom part of the red harness height adjuster at the top of the head rest. Don't freak everyone, this is still over 27" seated height!!!!

ETA: How could I forget...Graco now allows either crotch buckle position to be used for rear facing mode. No need to worry if the buckle is underneath your child, just move it to the one father out!

Happy reading!
http://blog.gracobaby.com/2012/10/1...e4me-70-and-my-size-70-convertible-car-seats/

Last edited:

thepote

Re: Graco changes forward facing height limit on Size4Me

THANK YOU for highlighting it here, though!! It's kind of buried in the other thread. :thumbsup:

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I wonder, are they going to send updated manuals to the parents who already have one? But yay for all these changes! I just wish mine wasn't so hard to tighten, because yeah I've definitely already done all the things they say.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
EmmaCPST said:
I wonder, are they going to send updated manuals to the parents who already have one?

I doubt it. Companies typically don't send out announcements of retroactive changes that don't pose a safety hazard. I imagine they'll post something on their website though.

kaharris83

I wonder, are they going to send updated manuals to the parents who already have one? But yay for all these changes! I just wish mine wasn't so hard to tighten, because yeah I've definitely already done all the things they say.

Ours are probably from the same production time. I've tried all of those tips and tricks as well and it has done nothing to make tightening easier. It still refuses to tighten tight enough.

HaileysMommy

Well dang. I was hating the fact that you couldn't use the outter crotch buckle setting. I just sold my s4m to my cousin bc that was my main complaint lol oh well. I have an RXT on the way that I want more than the S4m anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC