More Safety Surround Pictures

Mommy2Marcus

I got more & better pictures of Marcus in the Safety Surround today. :) I really like the belt fit on him. Plus I like the way the wings surround him.

Another plus of this seat is that the screws come already installed in the arm rests of the seat, so no need to install them. :) YAY!

003_zps13adc16d.jpg

004_zps2ea26117.jpg

005_zps28c2b06b.jpg

007_zpse490824e.jpg

008_zps857a57cb.jpg

009_zps3ca443cd.jpg

ADS

MomToEliEm

Great pictures!

I don't have measurements yet for this seat in the spreadsheet. If you have time, would you mind getting me some of the booster related measurements for this seat?

rosey2007

I really didn't like the looks of this seat in the store, but seeing pictures with a child in it changed mu mind.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Is the base of the safety surround like the turbobooster and the only difference is the backrest portion?

The headrest height looks much better now that he's awake. And he's such a good sport having his picture taken. :love:

Mommy2Marcus

Great pictures!

I don't have measurements yet for this seat in the spreadsheet. If you have time, would you mind getting me some of the booster related measurements for this seat?

TY! I will as soon as I can find a dag blasted tap measure! lol! We moved recently & IDK where most things are but I will go in search here soon for you & try to get them for you. :)

I really didn't like the looks of this seat in the store, but seeing pictures with a child in it changed mu mind.

I like the seat alot! As does Marcus!

Is the base of the safety surround like the turbobooster and the only difference is the backrest portion?

The headrest height looks much better now that he's awake. And he's such a good sport having his picture taken. :love:

Yes, the base of the seats are pretty much identical except for the covers as far as I can tell. I will have to bring in the SS & compare the base to the Turbo while both are undressed. ;)

Yes, TY! He :love: to have his picture taken. :) He is my little poser.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Does it have LATCH? For some reason I thought it did but now I'm thinking maybe I confused it with a different seat.

Phineasmama

Does it have LATCH? For some reason I thought it did but now I'm thinking maybe I confused it with a different seat.

They are making- or is it already out I can't remember- a Turbo with latch basically. But it's not going to be the Surround with latch- that would have been awesome!

abbi_n_nadia

He is so cute and looks great in it! The headrest looks really nice! Do you feel it has enough padding? The one we saw in target seemed like it has barely any padding, like a pretty thin cover over hard plastic.

Phineasmama said:
They are making- or is it already out I can't remember- a Turbo with latch basically. But it's not going to be the Surround with latch- that would have been awesome!

That would be perfect - the ss with latch! I would definitely get it then! Seems strange that they came out/are coming out with improvements but not combined on one seat!

Phineasmama

He is so cute and looks great in it! The headrest looks really nice! Do you feel it has enough padding? The one we saw in target seemed like it has barely any padding, like a pretty thin cover over hard plastic.

That would be perfect - the ss with latch! I would definitely get it then! Seems strange that they came out/are coming out with improvements but not combined on one seat!

That's exactly what I thought!

Phineasmama said:

It will be called the Graco Affix. Keep your eyes peeled!

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
No way! I live in Newfoundland, so our TRU isn't exactly "current" with seats.. :rolleyes:

Ah I'm not sure if Canada is getting it or not? But I saw it about two weeks ago at BRU here in CO. It was very much like a regular Turbo to me, but nice to have it with LATCH. I'll likely get one for my mom's car next year. It'll be nice to have a lower cost LATCHable booster, especially for folks like grandparents and such.

EmmaCPST said:
Ah I'm not sure if Canada is getting it or not? But I saw it about two weeks ago at BRU here in CO. It was very much like a regular Turbo to me, but nice to have it with LATCH. I'll likely get one for my mom's car next year. It'll be nice to have a lower cost LATCHable booster, especially for folks like grandparents and such.

It wouldn't come as a surprise to me if we didn't get it, at least not for some time. I think it looks extremely similar to the turbo, but it will be a great option for grandparents and babysitters and they are usually less inclined to re-buckle the seat after child exits and where the seat is unoccupied a greater percentage of the time, it would have a higher chance of being unoccupied in a crash and becoming airborne. Now we just need some color on those Graco's.. hint hint

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Well, I'm anxious to see pics of the Affix irl. I saw them on the blog but may have to check in to them. DS fits well in the old style Frontier as a booster but I'm always on the hunt for other seats!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC