Best traveling seat?

BabyGabesMomma

I think im posting in the right place. Im new here.

Next month my son and I will be traveling alone on a plane and I'm looking to get him a new seat for the trip. He currently has a graco smart seat and a my ride 65. The my ride is almost "too small" for him. Hes going to be a year this weekend at his 9mo app he was 23 pounds and feels like he's way heavier lately. He has wide shoulders, longish torso, and short legs. I was looking at the radian RTX but when looking at a review it seems difficult to install, heavy, and the booster mode seems weird. I want to keep my son RF as long as I can, atleast 3-4years old.

What seats are airplane approved, light weight, and have high RF limits? Is the raidian rtx as bad as everyone says? I'm really leaving towards that for the trip but I don't think well be getting an suv so fit is really important.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Re: Best tracking seat?

I'm having a hard time picturing a 12mo, even a very solid one, for whom the MyRide is "too small". Can you post a picture? That will help us determine what seats would fit him better.

Brianna

Re: Best tracking seat?

I'm having a hard time picturing a 12mo, even a very solid one, for whom the MyRide is "too small". Can you post a picture? That will help us determine what seats would fit him better.

:yeahthat: If you have any infant inserts in the seat, he's probably fine without them now.

BabyGabesMomma

I don't have any current ones at the moment. His shoulders are about an inch or less from each side of the seat and he's just very uncomfortable it it, cries every time I put him in but he's just find in his graco smart seat. There are no infant inserts in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC