Combi Coccoro and stroller frame & city living!

cookie123

Is the Flash the frame that works with the Coccoro? Otherwise I don't see it on their website and it doesn't say it works with the Coccoro. I need to recommend a seat for a friend of a friend that lives in the city, has just one car and takes the train a lot.

Other ideas?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

It was specifically the Coccoro Flash, and they discontinued it. I think I read somewhere they might bring it back, though. Or there was a new Flash that would fit both types... something.

cookie123

Oh. I wonder why. Was it lack of interest or was there a problem? They have a Flash on there. I'll check it out again.

oakster

We are using our Coccoro with a Cybex Callisto using Cybex Aton adapters right now--it doesn't snap in but it's secure enough that I would personally be comfortable strapping the baby into the seat for short rides or occasional use. We have an old Callisto so not sure if this works with the new ones or other Cybex strollers like the onyx, which can use the same adapters. HTH!

cookie123

No, they don't have a Flash on there after all. So conceivably if you found one, it would work? They have it on Albee Baby.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The redesigned universal Snap N Go, including the twin one, is reported to work with it too. They're working on redesigning the CCO Flash last I heard but the SNG should work and is often available secondhand cheap. Other adjustable universal frames may also work.

gigi

For a newborn I reco the longest lasting infant seat and the maclaren easy traveler. Infant seats are now basically as tall as the CCO and SO much easier to haul around. I had 2 kids in NYC...I know alllllll about the hassle LOL. If the kid is over 18 months/outgrown largest infant carrier and under 3 when rstv is allowed, I say only take public transport if at all possible.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
The Flash was discontinued but they will be releasing another stroller that will work with the Coccoro.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Coccoro is taller than the Click Connect and Snugride 35. Laine outgrew the SR35 over last winter, but *just* fits in the Coccoro. She's *just* outgrown the Click Connect 40. Just barely. So the Coccoro and Click Connect are roughly the same size, especially when installation differences are in play.

However, the Coccoro can then go forward facing. So even though it's not taller than an infant seat, it can do more. Ours is just for travel, so Laine will use it forward facing as soon as it's outgrown.

I believe the Summer Infant Prodigy is the tallest infant seat, with the Combi Shuttle and Click Connect right behind. The Lamaze Via is tall too.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC