travel seat

alake

I am flying alone with the three kids home for the week of Halloween.
Leah we are taking the RXT. She will Forward face on the plane. Planning on Packing the AA for if she wants to RF in the rental van. It is completely up to her.
Eryn I am taking the Chaperone.
Summer is 90% harnessed but booster trained. Someone said to take a backless for her, but I am not really sure if I feel safe with her in a backless booster. She is tall, but it is all in her legs. She is has a fairly short torso. I haven't measured in a few months, but I believe when I measured her last she was at 14.5 inches. Should I take the back, or just put her in the backless.

ADS

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
Are you checking luggage? If you are not comfortable with her in a backless booster, you could take the bottom on the plane with you as a carry-on and pack the back in your luggage. That way, if you get to your destination and your luggage doesn't show up at the same time, you could still use the bottom and leave the airport.

My son that age uses a backless booster when we travel - lately a Bubble Bum. I also use a Ride Safer Travel Vest sometimes. Both are easy to pack in our (i.e., his) carry on bag.

aeormsby

My DD has used a Harmony NBB both times we've traveled recently (over the summer and last month). She uses HBB's in both our vehicles at home, but for flying I feel fine with her in the NBB (especially since we don't drive super long distances once we get there, if I thought she might fall asleep I might feel differently). The Harmony has the strap for adjusting the shoulder strap to the right length, although the rental car we had that she needed it also had the build in (vehicle) adjuster clip which worked much better.

If you want to take the back I'd do as PP mentioned, pack the back & carry on the base.

alake

My DD has used a Harmony NBB both times we've traveled recently (over the summer and last month). She uses HBB's in both our vehicles at home, but for flying I feel fine with her in the NBB (especially since we don't drive super long distances once we get there, if I thought she might fall asleep I might feel differently). The Harmony has the strap for adjusting the shoulder strap to the right length, although the rental car we had that she needed it also had the build in (vehicle) adjuster clip which worked much better.

If you want to take the back I'd do as PP mentioned, pack the back & carry on the base.

I am hoping to do it with a bag for each of us, and a carry on for each. We are landing, renting a vehicle. Heading 200 kilometers out to the family farm. A promise to the big girl's that they can go horse back riding:D. We will be heading the other 100 kilometers to my home town on Halloween. We will be heading up to the family cottage on Friday, and then heading back to the airport. It is a lot of traveling. There are no direct flights into my hometown. No matter what it is a two and a half hour car trip home. I am going to try and pack the back if we have the room, and if not, she will use her booster backless.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC