New guideline for Diono Angle Adjuster

springbok

We've been using a temporary cat seat for our 11.5 month old while waiting for either the Foonf or to be able to use a Radian with the angle adjuster (too tall for our car without).

While Diono currently says not to use the AA until the child is over 1 year, I've been told by a number of techs (and seen on here) that it is a conservative estimate, and they would have no problem with it for, say, a 10-month old with good head control.

Well, I've about given up on the Foonf and hate the car seat we are currently using so I am desperate to get a Radian installed. I contacted Diono just to confirm the age for the AA (I really like to follow rules!). I received the following response:

Hello:
We are actually in the process of changing what the requirements are for the angle adjuster. Basically as long as the child has good head control and can sit up on their own they are fine to use the Radian with the angle adjuster.
Thank you-

I couldn't find any posts on here about the guideline changing (but I may have easily missed something). Thought y'all might be interested.

ADS

canadiangie

Any idea when the process will be complete and it will become official in Canada? Up here it's been 12 months min since AA hit the shelves.

springbok

Any idea when the process will be complete and it will become official in Canada? Up here it's been 12 months min since AA hit the shelves.

I asked them, and this is the response I got:

It is official now, we are just working on updating everything such as the website and the instructions on the actual angle adjuster.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks for posting. It's good to have it official, I do worry about leaving it up to parental discretion so far as good head control goes though. Some vehicles the angle adjuster makes radians more upright than they'd be in a ff'ing carseat.

I'm also wondering how the seat passes the Canadian anti-rebound standards when it is starting out that upright in some vehicles... but that's something that I know we can't get an answer for. (And the car seat isn't tested on a vehicle seat, so perhaps it doesn't sit that much more upright on the test bench as compared to what it does in some vehicles?)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC