Size4me crotch strap

tl01

This seat's crotch strap is so short! We just bought one if these for DS2... He keeps point to his groin... He cries and screams owie... All I can figure is that the strap is too short? Anyone else bothered by it? Any tips or ideas? Is Graco planning a longer strap?
Thanks!

ADS

Little Ps Mama

My two peeves about this seat rf are the short crotch strap and the fact that you have to use the slot closest to the child for rf. Poor design in my opinion. Hope they make some changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Supposedly Graco will send a longer strap, but supposedly that longer strap is the same length as the current one. :confused: That's what I've heard--I don't have first-hand experience. I keep meaning to call.

tl01

Supposedly Graco will send a longer strap, but supposedly that longer strap is the same length as the current one. :confused: That's what I've heard--I don't have first-hand experience. I keep meaning to call.

How can it be longer if it's the same length:/? Strange. Maybe I'll request it and see. Thanks!

Phineasmama

I might request one too, but I'm also using the further out crotch strap...I heard you weren't supposed to but the seat would be unusable if I didn't!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Sounds like time for a mass of pics of Graco's fb page showing how short the strap is. Worked for Dorel.

Phineasmama

Yeah, I might try and take one next time he's in the seat, because it's barely acceptable for not squishing his junk when it's on the further slot. And DS is skinny and small for his age!

Little Ps Mama

Phineasmama said:
I might request one too, but I'm also using the further out crotch strap...I heard you weren't supposed to but the seat would be unusable if I didn't!

Are there theories on why they say not to use the outer slot?

Phineasmama

I'm honestly not sure :confused: Maybe they only tested it RF with the inner slot? They are not very far apart either, it doesn't seem like something that would make a difference. I hope someone else knows.

Phineasmama

I'll have to check that out tomorrow. Although I do have mine installed with latch so idk if that will make a difference or not.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
tl01 said:
How can it be longer if it's the same length:/? Strange. Maybe I'll request it and see. Thanks!

Magic!

No, supposedly they SAY it's longer, but isn't. Again, that's just what I've heard. Might or might not be true.

NannyMom

Little Ps Mama said:

I heard someone (Graco? Clek?) mention this issue at Kidz In Motion. IIRC, it's safer to have it close to/ under the child, like Diono recommends.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
On older kids, the second slot is going to still be under the child. The first slot is WAY under the child, it's one of the key reasons I opted to get rid of that seat and stick with my MR. The crotch depth, strap, buckle etc is just ridiculous. I felt like I was trying to dig in poor Z's junk every time I got him in or out.

Jocey'sMommy

am I the only person on the planet that prefers the shorter crotch strap? I HATE the long one on our nautilus. I much preferred the short one on my marathon. I like then the hip straps that are closer to the thigh etc. instead of the buckle being at the belly button. I also only have a girl and realize my preference might change with a boy.

Phineasmama

It's NOwhere near his belly button!! If I had it on the lower slot it would be coming from like his butt over the top of his junk area. With the outer slot it's coming uncomfortably close to touching his junk area.

Maybe you just have differently shaped kids :p

Jocey'sMommy

It's NOwhere near his belly button!! If I had it on the lower slot it would be coming from like his butt over the top of his junk area. With the outer slot it's coming uncomfortably close to touching his junk area.

Maybe you just have differently shaped kids :p

not meaning that the crotch strap on the size4me goes to her belly button. . . we haven't tried that seat yet, i prefer that any seat's crotch strap doesn't go that high up KWIM? Her nautilus to me has a crazy long crotch strap that i HATE, i am jealous of your short strap dilemma

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC