Will DS2 fit in the Coccoro?

thtr4me

I thought I had a used Coccoro on the way, but it now looks like it may not get here, so I need to buy a new seat, as I need something ASAP. I really wanted to try out the Coccoro, but now I am not sure he will fit very long, if at all. DS2 is a peanut, at 21mo he is only 23lbs, I am not sure on his height. I think sitting on the floor he is about 20-21" to the top of his head, but it was hard to get a measurement on him since he was wiggling all over the place. Here is a pic in his Britax Boulevard for reference.

DSC_8152.jpg

DSC_8150.jpg

And for informational purposes, DS1 was 26lbs at 18mo, and still the same at nearly 3yo. He was able to fit in 2T pants still at 3yo. At 6yo he is a 40lbs and maybe 45" tall. Since we are not using regular pants for DS2 I am not sure of his pants size. I know I need to measure DS2, but just have not had a chance.

So, do I chance it on a Coccoro, or just suck it up and buy another Boulevard? I want something with a RFing tether, and a Radian does not fit in my car :(.

ADS

Brianna

I wouldn't take the chance on a CCO at his size.

Are you looking specifically to use a RF tether, or do you just want a form of rebound control? You could look at the True Fit Premier if you're okay with an anti-rebound bar. (One of the other True Fit models may have the ARB as well- I can't keep them straight :))

thtr4me

That's what I figured. I was just sooo jazzed to have a used Coccoro on the way. I figured it was a great way to get to try the seat, even if it lasted just a few months. Then when it was outgrown, I could just sell it and replace it with a new Boulevard. I am pretty sure DS2 will fit as of right this minute, and I really needed another seat. The timing was just perfect. I am still hoping that it will arrive, but it is not looking good. I really wanted that seat!

I specifically am looking for the RFing tether. I looked at the TrueFit and it is just such a huge seat, I have serious doubts it will fit in my car, especially when DH drives. DS2 loves to sit reclined back, so installing more upright is not a good option. Happy baby in the car=happy mama driving :D! If I could install more upright, I would go steal the Radian from our truck and install it for the baby.

gigi

I think you might have a decent amount of time. What size/brand onesie is he in?

My 16 month old is just outgrowing Carter's 12 month onesie and is an 18-24 in gap and old navy and she has about 4" above her head in the CCO.

kam1011

I don't think it would be worth it. Not for long, anyway. My 3yo outgrew it RF by height right around her 2nd bday (it was either a month before or a month after, I don't really remember anymore) while wearing 18 month clothes. Around 22-24 pounds back then. To give you an idea, she's 27lbs. and 36" now (15%), a whole year out of the seat. Outgrew FF mode by 2.5. All kids are different. I absolutely :love:'d my Coccoro, but wouldn't do it for a toddler.

Phineasmama

I had a hard time justifying it for my 1 year old who is admittedly rather large...but I got a good deal on it (new) and I think she will get another year out of it and then I can sell it on here so when all is said and done I won't have paid that much for it if that makes sense.

gigi

Take him to BRU and try him in a SR35, if he has any growing room, you should gain an inch or two in the CCO.

I think my girl, who is in 2T sleepers, generally 18-24 clothes but with a short torso will fit until 3 LOL... she is just even with the second harness straps. One thing I think makes a difference in this seat is belly chub. My baby has less than none so she sinks down into the seat more. If your baby is bulky, I could see now it is outgrown much quicker.

Last edited:

jenfrogmom

Phineasmama said:
I had a hard time justifying it for my 1 year old who is admittedly rather large...but I got a good deal on it (new) and I think she will get another year out of it and then I can sell it on here so when all is said and done I won't have paid that much for it if that makes sense.

What, your baby... Large? Lol! How about adorable!!! :)

thtr4me

My little guy has very little belly chub. He is, and this is the only word that fits well, petite. Maybe dainty. At least his physical appearance. His features are just so tiny and fine. Same with this brother.

So thrilled, looks like the used CCO is on its way as of this morning, so cannot wait for it to get here so we can put it to good use! Hopefully this will postpone buying a brand new seat for at least 6 months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC