Does a seat with these requirements exist?

whitneyg

I have my DD (turning 3 next month) in a RF Radian and I cannot stand the seat for a variety of reasons. But, it works well in our tiny car, puzzled next to baby brother's RF CCO. Does a seat exist with the following:

1. decent legroom for my very tall girl
2. higher RF limits for height (she is tall, but just 30lbs so weight is not really an issue)
3. doesn't take up too much front to back room since the car is so tiny
4. will puzzle RF and eventually FF with a CCO
5. has an easy and idiot-proof install (so my parents can use it in their 2 door Mini Cooper)

I love Britax seats for the ease of install, but I have heard the legroom can be lacking. Thoughts?

ADS
V

VanIsleMommy

to my knowledge the radian has the highest rear facing height limit on the market. the only other one that comes close is possibly the foonf, but I have no idea how it is to install or how it puzzles.

if baby is in the middle you could move the baby outboard to give her more room to hang her legs off the side.

jjordan

The Graco Size4Me/MySize 70 is good for RF height. I'm not sure how good it is on leg room or front-back space. I don't know how it will puzzle with a CCO.

ETA: You could also consider a truefit, depending on your RF goals. It is quite tall and has good leg room, but only a 35 pound RF weight limit. If she's going to be wearing boots and heavier clothes in the winter, combine that with a growth spurt and you could be getting close to the weight limit relatively soon... So you'd probably only want to get one if you are comfortable turning her to FF within the next few months. (Of course, she might last another year or more RF, it's just impossible to tell how a kid will gain weight!) Also, not sure how it puzzles with the CCO, but it is a pretty wide seat.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, the Size4Me/My Size is crazy tall but takes up less room than a Radian (even a with the angle adjuster). The legroom isn't super, but not horrible, IMO. (My 3.5-year-old hasn't complained.) The straps can be finicky, but I dislike them less than the Radian. Not bad once you get used to it.

Phineasmama

I've had it RFing next to my CCO with no issues

I don't love the buckles. I do like the seat overall, I like the built in Cupholder, how tall it goes for RFing, the no rethread harness is great and very easy to adjust, the fact that it has two sets of latch ( one for RF one FF) is awesome. My picky almost 4 year old finds it comfortable. He is rear facing in it. He has a lot more leg room in my CRV where the vehicle seats are flatter, vs my van where the seats are very angled.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC