Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: radian question

radian question

my "friend" bought a radian to forward face her TINY 2 yr old in she knows about rear facing and is all for it, just not for her because of convenience - she says she feels guilty but whatever . . . ANYWHO. she just texted me that she loves it but that nora's head is falling forward when she sleeps, even in recline mode . . . . . . . . i texted back and asked her it she put the boot on and that she couldn't use it forward facing with the boot on.

does the radian have a ff recline ( other than cheating and put the boot on )??????? I didn't think it did, but I am kinda sitting here hoping and a prayin this is not my smartest friend ( won't even get into that right now )

edited to fix my mad typing about the boot being on not off for forward facing
    Jocelynn Makena 02/20/07 riding in a britax parkway knight sg and pink cub sgl
    Corbin James 07/27/2013 riding in a britax cowmooflage marathon and laguna boulevard

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: radian question

No it doesn't have a FFing recline and it installs pretty upright FFing...

4. Thank You from:

The radian does, in fact, have a forward facing recline foot. It doesn't provide much extra recline, though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

6. Thank You from:

Thanks, that's what I thought, she wants to have us over this weekend and I told her I would help her figure out the seat. . . she texted me back and said the boot was not on as it didn't come with it on and she didn't know how to do it . . . which has me wondering WTF she is talking about with a recline. I am now picturing the seat tampered with in some very creative insanely dangerous way
    Corbin James 07/27/2013 riding in a britax cowmooflage marathon and laguna boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by tiggercat View Post
    The radian does, in fact, have a forward facing recline foot. It doesn't provide much extra recline, though.

didn't see yours, that makes me feel much much better

They do have a very slight recline mode that can be used for FFing (I think that the older ones don't though?). Thank goodness she isn't using the boot FFing! Definitely get her to pull out her manual when you go over there and go through it very thoroughly with her. I'm assuming that her kid is under 40lbs as well so she should be using the safe stop if it is top tethered.
    Let her know that the head slump issue can be fixed by flipping it RFing! Why did she buy a Radian just to FF? The main hype for it is how great it lasts as a RFing seat! (Well, that and it's 3-across friendliness)

Jacqui - mom to: DS; 4.5yrs (50lbs, 46", Diono Radian RXT), DD; 12yrs (5'2, 5-stepping)

The Radian I bought back in 2006 had the same little recline feature as my 2009 seat did. Essentially it has a little lever you can pull out or push in to allow maybe an inch of adjustment. You know it's in the right mode b/c the RF boot won't lock in place if it's not right.

tam
    Teacher, CRST, and mom to

ds1 7yo Oobr and dsZ 3.5yo Frontier

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d504wq9n2oA"]Diono RadianXTSL Reclining the Seat - YouTube[/ame]
    Here is a video demonstrating how to use the recline adjustment.

Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

Quote Originally Posted by jacqui276 View Post
    They do have a very slight recline mode that can be used for FFing (I think that the older ones don't though?). Thank goodness she isn't using the boot FFing! Definitely get her to pull out her manual when you go over there and go through it very thoroughly with her. I'm assuming that her kid is under 40lbs as well so she should be using the safe stop if it is top tethered.
    Let her know that the head slump issue can be fixed by flipping it RFing! Why did she buy a Radian just to FF? The main hype for it is how great it lasts as a RFing seat! (Well, that and it's 3-across friendliness)
    I have NO clue why she bought the one seat that i would only use for rear-facing. Nora is barely over 20 lbs at 2 1/2 . . . she might be 24 lbs? now. I have tried and tried, she will rear face her for a few weeks then flip her back, she has done this at least 3 times.