radian question

Jocey'sMommy

:eek: my "friend" bought a radian to forward face her TINY 2 yr old in :thumbsdown: she knows about rear facing and is all for it, just not for her because of convenience - she says she feels guilty but whatever . . . ANYWHO. she just texted me that she loves it but that nora's head is falling forward when she sleeps, even in recline mode . . . . . . . . i texted back and asked her it she put the boot on and that she couldn't use it forward facing with the boot on.

does the radian have a ff recline ( other than cheating and put the boot on )??????? I didn't think it did, but I am kinda sitting here hoping and a prayin :p this is not my smartest friend ( won't even get into that right now )

edited to fix my mad typing about the boot being on not off for forward facing :)

ADS

Jocey'sMommy

Thanks, that's what I thought, she wants to have us over this weekend and I told her I would help her figure out the seat. . . she texted me back and said the boot was not on as it didn't come with it on and she didn't know how to do it . . . which has me wondering WTF she is talking about with a recline. I am now picturing the seat tampered with in some very creative insanely dangerous way :eek:

jacqui276

They do have a very slight recline mode that can be used for FFing (I think that the older ones don't though?). Thank goodness she isn't using the boot FFing! Definitely get her to pull out her manual when you go over there and go through it very thoroughly with her. I'm assuming that her kid is under 40lbs as well so she should be using the safe stop if it is top tethered.
Let her know that the head slump issue can be fixed by flipping it RFing! :) Why did she buy a Radian just to FF? The main hype for it is how great it lasts as a RFing seat! (Well, that and it's 3-across friendliness)

tam_shops

The Radian I bought back in 2006 had the same little recline feature as my 2009 seat did. Essentially it has a little lever you can pull out or push in to allow maybe an inch of adjustment. You know it's in the right mode b/c the RF boot won't lock in place if it's not right.

tam

tiggercat

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d504wq9n2oA"]Diono RadianXTSL Reclining the Seat - YouTube[/ame]
Here is a video demonstrating how to use the recline adjustment.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Jocey'sMommy

They do have a very slight recline mode that can be used for FFing (I think that the older ones don't though?). Thank goodness she isn't using the boot FFing! Definitely get her to pull out her manual when you go over there and go through it very thoroughly with her. I'm assuming that her kid is under 40lbs as well so she should be using the safe stop if it is top tethered.
Let her know that the head slump issue can be fixed by flipping it RFing! :) Why did she buy a Radian just to FF? The main hype for it is how great it lasts as a RFing seat! (Well, that and it's 3-across friendliness)

I have NO clue why she bought the one seat that i would only use for rear-facing. Nora is barely over 20 lbs at 2 1/2 . . . she might be 24 lbs? now. I have tried and tried, she will rear face her for a few weeks then flip her back, she has done this at least 3 times.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC