Question Anyone else picky about their seats matching?

jkrkmama

Either the interior or the seat sets themselves? Sigh. My DH doesn't get it. He gets the Carseat safety obsession, but not the obsession of having "the perfect cover" or set of coordinating seats. I sold our ProRide because I missed my Britax All-Star blue cover so much and got a classic MA at target just To be able to use the cover again. Now my current obsession is getting a Berkeley RA cover to match my mom's interior and the Canyon FR85 that is in there. Forget the ratty FR80 cover in his truck. Please tell me I'm not the only one. I keep telling Matt that at least I don't have a separate seat for every mood lol.

ADS

Brianna

The first seat I bought was a MyRide and I didn't care what color it was, only that it was in stock at Walmart and not girly. Since then I've picked seats with covers that have gray or black on them to match my black interior... I couldn't handle a brown color now :eek:

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Keeanh

All my seats match, except the fugly Spiral My Ride and the blue Scenera. All the rest are grey & black, Onyx/Shadow if possible. I tell people it's so that I can buy more seats & DH won't notice because they all look the same ;).

kam1011

I try to make my seats match my interior from the days of the three across. That backseat looked sooo busy!

V

VanIsleMommy

heehee... yes, I like my seats to match. Partially because I'm obsessive about that sort of thing, partially because as PP mentioned, DH doesn't really notice a new seat if they all look similar lol :eek:

I don't mind DD's pink and grew marathon cover, and it wouldn't bother me to have a blue radian cover for DS. but my first instinct is to go for the black and grey. I did by a spiral myride because it was the only one in stock and I needed one asap, but I bought a new cover as fast as I could! :)

and I don't think we're odd... a lady came over to my house and spotted my pink marathon cover and instantly fell in love with it. I enabled her by telling her you could order new covers... teehee!

AshleyCPST

CPS Technician
yep....im a "needs to match my interior and any future seats" kinda girl. we have a black/silver chaperone and storm RXT :)

Phineasmama

I like them to match but it's not a total deal breaker for me.

The one thing I really can't do is bright red seats in my van, because it's a cherry red color and I just can't handle the clash :eek:

Joyofbirth

I love matching seats. But that ship has sailed. My girls are older and have very different opinions. I want then to be happy to sit in their seats, so they choose. My girls are proud to show of their seats every chance they get. And most times the other kids are jealous.

hedgefun

I like the seats to match well with my interior.

One strange thing I do purely for aesthetic reasons... I won't buy certain Evenflo models because I don't care for the way the cup holders look.

alake

Not I. But my DH. His whole back seat is Britax Cowmooflage. His truck has grey leather interior. My truck has gray leather.
Eryn has a cowmooflage chaperone
Leah is in a Daytona RXT RF
Summer is in a Hannah Prosport.
When we moved to Florida, we allowed the girl's to pick out the covers on their seats. They chose cowmooflage for their frontier's. It was just the next step when we bought Eryn a cowmooflage chaperone for her car seat.
Leah has a Hannah Prosport car seat as well, but at her request is rear facing right now. She wanted a Iron man red car seat and I have the another base for her chaperone in my truck.

Kobain's Mommy

Mine don't necessarily match the inside of the car, but I do like them to match each other. I just hunted down a RA50 cow cover to match my FR85 cow. I really want a cow for my MA70 when we get pregnant with #3 and need 3 seats in DH's truck.

bnsnyde

I like a bright pink for my girl, and for the boys a beautiful blue or gray so dirt does not show. I wish I could have all matching brands, but each kid's needs are different so we have different seats. Though, 3 installed Radians right now, so that's a favorite. What bugs me (maybe I'm weird) is if the carseat itself and cover don't look brand new and nice. We don't allow food or drink and they look like they are all brand new, even if years old! The one we had that sun faded became a backup for Nana's car.

In our Civic, though, it only fits 2. I have 2 Prosports, and one in booster mode. I love how they match!!!

tam_shops

I have a bit of a Shadow/Onyx thing! LOL Even my spare seats match!

I remember when I was totally stressed out about a brown GN spare and someone asked why it bothered me so much that my spare seat matched...and I said something like you never know when it may become your main seat. A few months later, that GN was our main seat. Same went for the spare Maestro and green that didn't work for me..

I just bought 3 new Onyx seats. Put 1 in the car, two of them in the play room w/ my only seat that survived the crash and a friend's seat. DH had *no* idea which seat was ours, the friends, new or old. I told him to vacuum ours and the friend's seat (pumpkin patch straw on it and you could tell). He vacuumed one new seat and then asked me which other seat I wanted him to vacuum. So, matching seats works, though no idea how he missed the straw! LOL

Then, there is the time I bought the GN and changed the cover on the RN to match. He pointed to the RN (2yo) and asked when I'd bought a new seat. I told him it was a new cover (ds was sick). He felt so silly he didn't even ask about the new seat! ROFL

Matching seats works well for avoiding questions and changing the subject. I'm not one to lie, but if you don't ask the right question, I won't volunteer the truth either!

tam

Little Ps Mama

My seats are all gray to match the interior of my vehicle but I'm going to bring a little girl home in January in a pink SS1 so I may get over my need for matching seats, at least for a little while. I really NEED a Flair cover for her MyRide for that reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

gigi

I put a seat in my moms car that didn't match the booster and it is driving me NUTS. And I'm 300 miles away!!

babyherder

I like my seats to match each other and the interior of my car. Or at least not clash. How much it matters depends on every situation. Since I'm a nanny/babysitter I try to have gender neutral seat covers but I will buy what I want/like when I can. Since so many different kids sit in them I don't ask each child what they want.

VoodooChile

*I* would love for my seats to match. Dh, however, would have an aneurysm in his butt if I started buying new seats for the sole purpose of matching.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC