New style Graco buckle sticking

Lenae

I got DD a MR65 in July(?) I believe. A few days ago, it stuck, with DD in it. DH was going to cut the straps :rolleyes:, so I unthreaded them. Then we used a tool to push the button in, and it finally unbuckled. But it keeps sticking. I used a little flash light to look into it, but didn't see anything. No food or drinks have been spilled in it either.

For the record, I don't mind the new buckle and didn't have any problems unbuckling prior to this.

ADS

zactayaus

Not sure about the buckle sticking but I would have just loosened the harness with the adjuster rather than unthread the harness. Just something to think about if it happens again to make your life easier.

jujumum

If you email or call and complain they should send you a new one.

I emailed & complained about the new GN & MR buckles and asked if they had plans to replace them anytime soon. The rep said that she didn't know of any plans.

They've got to be loosing a ton of money - every recent review of the MR & GN on any shopping site is filled with complaints about the buckle and statements that people returned their seats.

Lenae

Not sure about the buckle sticking but I would have just loosened the harness with the adjuster rather than unthread the harness. Just something to think about if it happens again to make your life easier.

I loosened it all the way out, but DD is on the middle setting of loops on the harness, and I couldn't get it loose enough to slip her out.

I tried to call earlier but ended up on hold for ages. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Laurelz

YES! I have this SAME problem!! We were visiting my sister a few weeks ago and for no reason I could NOT get my son out of his car seat. The buckle stuck so bad that I had to find a man walking through the parking lot to see if he could push it in. He couldn't! I had to get on top of my YDS and push with all my might to get it to press in and my thumb was so red and sore after! I've had it stick every time since... HOWEVER, mysteriously yesterday it's super easy to undo now... he can undo it. It's almost like something isn't right inside the actual buckle itself now. I HATE HATE HATE the new buckle!!! :mad:

daniele_ut

My old style Nautilus harness buckle sticks sometimes, but only one side. If I buckle the other side back in and then unbuckle it again it always pops out. It doesn't happen that often, but it's a pain sometimes!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC