rf Peg convertible

crunchierthanthou

Anyone else have problems getting a tight install? I thought it might be a vehicle incompatibility the first time I had issues (Volvo). Then I had the same problem in a different vehicle (Lexus). The mom in the Volvo was literally kneeling on the seat, bracing her back against the ceiling while I pulled the LATCH strap tight. We worked at it for over half an hour trying both LATCH and seatbelt- completely unreasonable that any seat should take two people that long, let alone a $300 seat in a recent MY vehicle.

The manager at the local baby gear store called me this morning, and I was able to describe the exact problem she was having when all she said was, "I've got this rear facing Peg convertible here". I told her not to use the shelf liner or grippy seat mats that she was asking about, but there seems to be a pattern with getting a tight install in luxury vehicles with leather seats (uh, hello? who exactly is Peg's target market?) .

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I had issues with seatbelt install, LATCH was ok, but I could see it being an issue with different anchor placement.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

I'm guessing they decided they were more trouble than they were worth, or something- even the FF "lockoffs" (which yes, are called lockoffs in the manual) are not intended to lock the belt and you must lock the belt another way (although this is not mentioned in the installing with the belt instructions, and is only a warning on the warning page before the seatbelt installation instructions, which I find a glaring safety omission.)

CuddlyMonsters

I have installed this into my friends Acura MDX RF with no problems. Not sure what year her MDX is, I want to say it is an older one like '08, but still we had no issues.

Also my friend drives a Volvo has has this same exact seat installed RF outboard in her vehicle and I was able to get a tight install on it for her.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC