Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

New European RF carseats

Adventuredad has a write-up on his website about some new seats. I thought it might be interesting to fellow car seat geeks

Maxi-cosi (as usual!) has a great cover - soccer balls. Wish they had that here in the US!

http://www.carseat.se/new-rear-facing-car-seats/

Jack and Katie, 9 years old!
    Riding in Montereys and Maxi Cosi Rodi XRs

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: New European RF carseats

I read that link and then followed the comments to a facebook page "Rear Facing - The way forward" and I was wondering if anyone knows the (generalized) height limits on Sweedish seets. In the FB pics, these kids heads' are sticking out over the top of the seat. I'm assuming it's correct, just wondering about it.

***Just found where it says to the eye line. Interesting that it's different from here.
    Kelley - Mom to: DD1 4/25/2006, DS 8/9/08, DD2 9/10/09
    host mom to a 16yo Chinese foreign exchange student
    2011 Toyota Sienna, 2008 Chevrolet Aveo

My 8yo would still fit (weight wise) in that Axkid Mini.
    Last edited by bubbaray; 10-08-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Melissa

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
    DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab

Quote Originally Posted by kam1011

***Just found where it says to the eye line. Interesting that it's different from here.
    Swedish seats use tethers AND a foot prop or bracing for RF. Thus, they won't have the same downward rotation as a NA seat so child's head can be over top of seat. Not the same worry of the child ramping up and hitting head on seat/vehicle interior in front of them.

--Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

CPS Technician

Re: New European RF carseats

My husband is drooling over the soccer booster seat! This man who knows NOTHING about seats, and can't even install one, wants to call one of his aunts or cousins in Salzburg, Austria and see if they will go buy one and ship it to us.
    DS 4/06 Recaro Performance Booster; DS 1/08 FR90; DD 10/09 RF XTSL; 10/11 RF XTSL

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola

Swedish seats use tethers AND a foot prop or bracing for RF. Thus, they won't have the same downward rotation as a NA seat so child's head can be over top of seat. Not the same worry of the child ramping up and hitting head on seat/vehicle interior in front of them.

--Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    The Swedish seats are also installed much more upright for 9m+ kiddos. So they are travelling straight back into the shell instead if ramping up and out.
    NA limits (1 inch rule, plus numerical heights) might also be a bit conservative than needed.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).