anyone having trouble with installing car seats...found this on ebay...

ADS

Michelle

I guess its just something that will grab the seatbelt so you dont have to stick your hands through the back...

can u tell im bored? lol..my kids are napping.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hey now, tuck that ingenious and FREE idea right out of your head, woman, someone's making money off a sucker here!
LOL, just kidding.... It's a great marketing giveaway...I got something that was like a short flexible ruler once, and it was a harness shover...so you could easily poke it through the slots...and it had some Safekids ad on it...I bet it'd be cool advertising if we could give away www.car-seat.org seatbelt pullers at the next KIM conference :D

Morganthe

Hmm, I don't have a problem with the Radian. Could be that dh's has only a lapbelt in the center spot.... but the Regent is the real pain because it's so wide! I've threaded that thing 4 times, all resulting in knuckles and hands that hurt for a long time afterwards :crying:

Coat hanger = nifty idea, but I really don't want one kept permanently in my car :p This would fit in the glove compartment or one of the door pockets. :thumbsup:

Michelle

Yeah i saw it and thought about using one for our Radian...especially since I am conatantly taking my seats in and out of the car! Its a hassle.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Coat hanger = nifty idea, but I really don't want one kept permanently in my car :p This would fit in the glove compartment or one of the door pockets. :thumbsup:

LOL! That reminds me of when I used to keep a wire coat hanger in the bed of my truck because I was constantly locking myself out!

Morganthe

LOL! That reminds me of when I used to keep a wire coat hanger in the bed of my truck because I was constantly locking myself out!

:ROTFLMAO:
That just brought back a memory of what I always carried in my monster black purse.... a slim jim :p

Seriously, it was for work.:eek: I responded to a lot of lock-outs. I was really good at opening cars. Since I seemed to be the most frequently dispatched patrol, the guys in the motor pool made me my own personal door opener, so I didn't always have to keep returning & checking one out every shift. :thumbsup: I used it on my own car all of the time. It was always locking on its own.:mad:
I wonder where it finally ended up all those years ago :confused:

jaded

I thought that's what the bungie cords were for at the seat checks? Huh..

I never bothered using those though, I have small enough hands and arms that I never needed them.

LuvBug

wire coat hangers are evil... unless you are using them for any other purpose than to hang clothes lol!!! we always keep some spare for odd things around the house.

Its a cute idea though, and looks pretty harmless.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
wire coat hangers are evil... unless you are using them for any other purpose than to hang clothes lol!!! we always keep some spare for odd things around the house.

Its a cute idea though, and looks pretty harmless.

Oh dear, I'm having a Mommie Dearest moment... :eek: (actually I caught myself screeching, Faye Dunaway-style, at my poor dh when he hung a lovely new Lands' End shirt on a wire hanger right next to several much nicer ones... at least HE's a grownup, he can handle it...:cool:)

LuvBug

Oh dear, I'm having a Mommie Dearest moment... :eek: (actually I caught myself screeching, Faye Dunaway-style, at my poor dh when he hung a lovely new Lands' End shirt on a wire hanger right next to several much nicer ones... at least HE's a grownup, he can handle it...:cool:)

:ROTFLMAO:

crunchierthanthou

ooooohhhh. someday I may actually have to watch that movie, but putting it that way just shed a lot of light on the whole wire hanger pop culture reference.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
that was my thought. even my average sized hands couldn't fit through the belt path without a few cuss words.

Weird, I don't find the bet path on the radian small at all. I can rech my whole arm right through. I have pretty small hand though. Plus, my basis of comparison is my memory of the belt pah for the Century Smart Move.

Kimberly

Holly

There was a baby fair here not too long ago, and there was something like that, but it was better, it was like those old slap bracelets, so you can have it be flat like a ruler and you use it to pull the seatbelt through, but then you slap it and it rolls up into a cute little roll about the size of a film canister (except it was taller). It was so cool, and she had a website too, but I can't remember what she called them. She was a regular mom who invented them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC