JPMA Parent’s Choice Award - WHAT THE HECK are these two booster seats?

Kat_Momof3

JPMA Parent’s Choice Award - WHAT THE HECK are these two booster seats?

I saw Graco's link for voting for the JPMA Parent’s Choice Award - and these two items were listed that made me go WHA?

1. Safety 1st BOOSTAPAK - does that mean Dorel is bringing this to the US/Canada?

2. Harmony Folding Travel Booster Car Seat - I found NOTHING on it by searching... anyone know anything? I sent an email to Harmony as no one answered their customer service line, despite it still being within office hours.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

Re: JPMA Parent’s Choice Award - WHAT THE HECK are these two booster seats?

here's the info I have so far from Michael at Harmony - I sent more questions in reply, so we'll see what all I can find out.

This is a new item for us that will be available at retail stores next year. It is a full-size highback booster car seat with all the features you would expect from a Harmony product: For children 30lbs-110lbs, height adjustable headrest, cupholder, extra comfort padding and premium microsuede washable fabrics. The unique feature of this seat is the fact that in 3-easy steps you can fold this seat into a cube about the size of a standard briefcase. It literally takes me 5 seconds to fold or unfold it. We hope that it meets the needs of parents who need to travel with a booster seat, or those who want to store it in their trunk without taking up all the space!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

The Harmony sounds fun!

And yes, the Boostapak is coming to the US in November. 40-80 pounds, I think five year lifespan, $60 MSRP. I talked to the Dorel rep two months ago at KIM and asked about it.

Wendy

Kat_Momof3

I'm not sure how I feel about the boostapak being in the market... I know there are some good reasons for it, but the kids who would think it's so awesome are usually too young to be in a booster... I don't know.

I got more info from Harmony, though, which excites me to no end about what they are bringing to the market

While I can’t give away too many specific details because the unit isn’t public yet, I can tell you that you should find the height in-line with our other highback boosters. However, this booster will NOT convert into a no-back and unfortunately, it is not LATCH equipped. We are working on some newer units that will be LATCH equipped and I would expect those to start appearing at retail stores early in the New Year.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

Sounds like a perfect travel booster. No more putting a BubbleBum in a backpack. Put some toys in the booster. No more threading through the belt guides of the BubbleBum. Piper would probably much prefer the Boostapak, and I can easily see getting one for Laine for travel when she outgrows the Coccoro (given her torso height she'll likely be five).

Wendy

Brianna

That seems pretty tall compared to other backless boosters, I would imagine it would push the shoulder belt off of taller children who don't quite 5 step yet.

finn

The booster paks are pretty cool, a few kids (ages 5+) at ds school have them as spare seats, they are much bigger than the bubble bum, (which is so handy to keep rolled up in ds pack pack & awesome for tight 3 across, except for the belt guides!).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC