Replacing Booster after crash

Mommy2Marcus

Ok last night I was in a crash, Marcus was with me. We are fine thank goodness, but the booster has to be replaced. He was in a High Back Turbo Booster. I am debating between another High Back Turbo or the new Graco Safety Surround. Those are the 2 I am firguring will be what it will be replaced with. Also it will be replaced today. We are leaving this afternoon to go to familys, so it is a MUST to be replaced here in a bit.

So, what can you tell me about the Safety Surround? Is it better than the Turbo? Does it fit skinnys well? Is there something awful about it I should know? I really like the bigger side & head wings on it.

Marcus' stats: he will be 6 Sunday, 40lbs, 46 inches tall (around about there), idk about torso however he is on the 3rd click up on the Turbo. He rides great in the Turbo. Very few reminders to sit still. Sleeps well in it for the most part with minimul slump. However there is some in my dads Subaru Forester.

Is there some other booster I should be looking into that I can get at Target or Wal-Mart today that is around the price range of these 2? The 1 other I slightly am considering is the Harmony Dreamtime. Only b/c it looks like it has more leg support, but the Safety Surround looks like it may offer that as well & we solve that by soft stool or something of that sort.

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Can only be purchased at Babies R Us (and maybe Toys R Us) right now, but Graco has a new LATCHable booster (Graco Affix) that is very similar to the TB but the same price point as SS.

VoodooChile

We have a regular Turbo in my mom's car and a Turbo with SS in dh's car. I think they're the same height- and depth-wise? The SS is definitely beefier (but not as much as I thought), and came with the screws already installed. Both give dd a great belt fit.

Mommy2Marcus

Can only be purchased at Babies R Us (and maybe Toys R Us) right now, but Graco has a new LATCHable booster (Graco Affix) that is very similar to the TB but the same price point as SS.

The Safety Surround is here at my local Target. I have put my hands on it the last week or so. Just didn't have alot of time to really play with it & wanted to get some other feelings on it. :) The Affix with the LATCH would not really do me alot of good b/c 2 out of 3 cars that the booster goes in there is no LATCH. ;) But That is neat that Graco now has a LATCHable booster.

We have a regular Turbo in my mom's car and a Turbo with SS in dh's car. I think they're the same height- and depth-wise? The SS is definitely beefier (but not as much as I thought), and came with the screws already installed. Both give dd a great belt fit.

Do you like the Safety Surround? I just like the deeper wings on it. I think it would make it a littler better for sleeping in the Subaru with the deeper wings. I am not really worried about the height b/c he has a good bit of height left to grow in the Turbo. He is only at the 3rd click.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think the deeper wings on the SS are on the outside of the seat, though, inside there's nothing different, it's just a Turbo.
The Affix has a deeper seat, so even if you don't need LATCH, it's nicer for bigger kids and later as a backless, I think.

jujumum

I'm glad you both are ok!!

Our Target has the SS, too, in a bold green color that my son :love:. If I was buying a Turbo today, I'd go with the Affix or SS rather than the basic Turbo.

I like the Harmony V6 better than the Dreamtime since it has the protective foam in the headrest, but I think they are only available online.

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC