Keep Chaperone or other infant seat?

bnsnyde

I'm thinking of what to put baby #5 in come May. We have a Britax Chaperone from 2009 (bought in 2011 and used with one baby). It's going outboard captain's chair Honda Odyssey 2011, driver side.

Keep...or?

Is the Aton REALLY lighter to carry once you stick a growing baby in it?
Does the foam (and air by head) on the Prezi impress anyone?

At this point us going anywhere is total chaos, my back is not good, and I want something easy on me. Simple as possible! I wasn't sure if there is anything out there I'm missing. :) And the longer baby is in infant seat, all the better to click him/her into a stroller through winter.

The reality is that this baby will spend a lot of time in the carseat as I get the other kids where they need to go daily, so it's tempting to want something without the known harmful flame retardants as I already went through the trouble minimizing those in the crib environment. I think Graco is on board now with that? And Britax should be by the end of the year.

(Eventually he/she is going into the Orbit toddler but we won't have the stroller for that).

My main love of the Chaperone is the foam in baby's headwings that almost hug the head (and my old Companion seat was even better). So it'd be hard to give that up unless others offer it, too.

p.s. My babies tend to be a bit under 10 lbs, if that helps.

ADS

bcrammond

I don't have input on what you should do, but wanted to let you know babies r us has Atons in stock, online, for 199.99 plus 20% off so it would be 160 plus free shipping. It is only in the shadow color, but thought you might want to know of the sale.

****Sorry just read the fine print, it is not 20% off, but still not a bad deal.****

Last edited:

Spam

I've only played with an Aton once, briefly but I want one. I had a chaperone with ds3, it was heavy, as you know, it didn't seem that much heavier at first, but as ds3 got heavier, it was easier to carry him in the keyfit. The chaperone was also top heavy and every time I set it down empty it flipped backwards, just annoying to me. I like infant seats, they're fun to play with :eek: I currently have a sr35 and kf30, but am considering going with an aton this time. I liked the look of the prezi, but usually end up disliking dorel seats so I think I'm going to skip that one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC