I found the PERFECT Disney/Travel stroller! (PIC HEAVY!!)

todzwife

I took a chance on the new Valco Snap and I absolutely ADORE it! I have tried a LOT Of strollers including:

Graco-Literider, Quattro
Britax- Blink, B-ready (my "every day" stroller)
Bumbleride indie twin
BOB rev.
Valco quad
Cybex Topaz
Mac Volo
Baby Jogger City Mini
Uppababy G-luxe (my umbrella)
And a few others...but I have to say, I'm SUPER impressed with the Snap!

You guys, I love it. Seriously.
Weight: AMAZING. It is SO light. PERFECT for traveling. I have to say, I have had several 'travel' stroller but this one has everything I need in a travel stroller. It is a PERFECT Disney stroller. It's exactly what I wanted for Disney. Large canopy, flat recline, big basket. The ONLY thing missing is a snack tray option, but if you have the belly/bumper bar you can easily put a Brica snack pod on there.

Canopy: HUGE. It's kind of a crinkly nylon fabric though. That's my ONLY gripe about the stroller is that the fabric is all nylon, it doesn't feel as "nice" as a lot of my other strollers.

DOES NOT tip with a FULLY stuffed Ju-Ju-Be BFF hanging on the back. That's a BIG deal. Because my other "travel" stroller (g-luxe) doesn't hold anything much.

BASKET: HUGE. The BFF fits great w/ a little bit of room to spare. This was one of my beefs w/ the g-luxe. I considered taking it to Disney but it has NO BASKET!

RECLINE: Almost flat. I'd be fine putting a newborn in it. Great roll-up back with mesh so there is airflow while it's reclined.

PUSH: Well, I haven't tried it outside yet, but the wheels are large enough I can tell they'll push well enough. It's no BOB, but I don't expect it to be.

I bought black. I REALLY REALLY wanted purple, but I'm totally weird about my bag matching and black gives me more options. The seat depth is pretty small, DD2 fits great in it and the leg drop is perfect for her. These pictures are of my 6 year old.

I was going to bring a double, but I've been reading that the parks are super crowded and I don't want to be pushing a side-by-side (even if it is a double umbrella) in a large crowd. It's just too awkward not to run into people. Especially if only ONE kid is riding anyway.

The fold is EASY. It's not City mini easy, but I love that it folds in on itself so that the canopy and seat stay clean.

The wheels come off super easy which is great if you need it to be more compact. It's pretty small though as it is.

Great Valco buckle that's impossible for toddlers to undo.

Like I said, I'll be back w/ pictures ASAP but I wanted to rave for a sec. This one is a FANTASTIC alternative to a city mini if you want something lighter w/ an easier to access basket and a firm/upright seat. I loved my city mini, but the basket and the sling type seat were deal breakers.

001-47.jpg

002-43.jpg

003-46.jpg

004-39-1.jpg

005-35-1.jpg

006-34-1.jpg

008-27.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

jordansmom

I'm a huge Valco fan! I'm not a fan of the sling seat of the BJCM and the underbasket storage...I might have to keep my eye out for one of these! Thanks for sharing!:)

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Thank you for sharing! I always love to have another stroller to drool over.
What are the stats of your DD? How much head space does she have when the canopy is extended?

ETA: Is the basket accessible from the side? It looks like it might be difficult to get the bag out from the back when the seat is reclined.

todzwife

Thank you for sharing! I always love to have another stroller to drool over.
What are the stats of your DD? How much head space does she have when the canopy is extended?

ETA: Is the basket accessible from the side? It looks like it might be difficult to get the bag out from the back when the seat is reclined.

It is for smaller stuff. Honestly, I don't put big bags in the basket usually. It's more for jackets/blanket/lunch boxes and they are pretty easy to get out if it's reclined.

Looks like a bjcm to me. Is it compatible w infant seats?

Looks like a BJCM but with some MAJOR differences. The weight is a big one, the seat on the Valco is also more upright and more structured. DD HATED the seat of the BJCM. The basket is also MUCH easier to get to and it's bigger.

I'm not sure if it's compatible w/ infant seats.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I'm assuming that's your DD2 in the pics? What are the odds your '06 kid fits in there?

Is the belly bar totally removable?

We have our Volo with a Buggy Board that we're taking to Disney. I got a Quinny Zapp but I don't like how it folds and it's pretty durn heavy.

todzwife

That's actually DD1 (my January 06) DD2 wouldn't cooperate.

Here are a couple more pictures. I got my b-safe out of the garage. It doesn't snap in, but it lays in nicely. I'm sure you could figure out a way to secure it if you really wanted to.
001-49.jpg

And with nobody in the seat (front shot)
002-44.jpg

Yes, the belly bar can either swing away or you can remove it completely.

Janina

That's actually DD1 (my January 06) DD2 wouldn't cooperate.

Here are a couple more pictures. I got my b-safe out of the garage. It doesn't snap in, but it lays in nicely. I'm sure you could figure out a way to secure it if you really wanted to.

I tried this with my chaperone and it fits great but I'm worried that the bumper bar can't handle that kind of weight with baby in it. The bar is basically holding all the weight of the car seat and baby. Anybody have thoughts on this?

D&L's-mommy

valco makes a car seat adapter for the snap http://shop.valcobaby.com/p/snap-car-seat-adaptor

this is on my short list for my 1 and only stroller (for my niece I watch 3 days a week), is the snap shorter overall than the city mini? that was one of my biggest complaints with the cm, it felt so long
is the harness easy to adjust? I hated the waist belt adjustment on the cm?
Does if feel tippy at all (sideways I mean)?

since you wanted purple you could get a lilac vogue pack, it would look beautiful with your jjb in the pics

op: I don't know if you've already figured something out, but I would make sure you have an option available for both kids at Disney, my DS was 6 when we went, he rode in the stroller pretty much the whole week. Maybe wear the baby or bring a cheapy umbrella for dd1 that you can somehow attach to the snap when it's folded so you don't have to carry it when not used

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC