Britax help please

Olivia's 09 Meghan Boulevard will not lock in the upright position and cannot be fixed. Britax want it back and are offering me any seat for $125 shipped so I guess I'll go ahead and take advantage of it.

What should I get?

She just turned 4 but I'm unsure of her exact stats right now. I can say that she still has a ton of room in the Boulevard and so another convertible won't be wasted on her. I asked for a Frontier but they said it has to be in the same category... so I have to choose between a Marathon, Roundabout 55, Boulevard or Pavilion. I do not want the Advocate.

I am out of the loop- what exactly is the Pavilion and how does it differ from the Boulevard?

It will only be used in a 2008 Jetta and so far, I've not had any install issues so I think any of them will be just fine.

Olivia prefers pink... (and so do I)

So what should I get? I want to order this today if possible.

ADS
That's an option but whatever I get, I'll probably just use for a while and then switch it up next year. She is still comfortable and sleeps better in a convertible plus I like owning a convertible that I can use rear facing with the ones I babysit. We have two Nauti's already.

Does the Marathon still provide more torso growth room than the ones with the headwings? I remember someone saying that the classic MA had more room than the classic BLVD.

I'm not thrilled with any of the fabrics. I guess it's between the Pavilion in Sophia or the Azalea Marathon. I love the Isabella RA55 but feel like I should get one of the others since that one is only $149 to buy on Diapers.com.

Baylor

Why does it have to be a britax? There are lots of great options out there. Why not a GN or ARGOS ?

amyd

Baylor said:
Why does it have to be a britax? There are lots of great options out there. Why not a GN or ARGOS ?

Because Britax is replacing the seat at a reduced rate.

OP, I'd go for the Pavillion.

jjordan

That's an option but whatever I get, I'll probably just use for a while and then switch it up next year. She is still comfortable and sleeps better in a convertible plus I like owning a convertible that I can use rear facing with the ones I babysit. We have two Nauti's already.

Does the Marathon still provide more torso growth room than the ones with the headwings? I remember someone saying that the classic MA had more room than the classic BLVD.

I'm not thrilled with any of the fabrics. I guess it's between the Pavilion in Sophia or the Azalea Marathon. I love the Isabella RA55 but feel like I should get one of the others since that one is only $149 to buy on Diapers.com.

To the bolded - no, the marathon now has the same harness setup as the boulevard - a no-rethread harness that moves up with the head "wings." The mechanism by which you move the harness up is different than the original boulevard, though. And the top harness height is about 17.5", so taller than the original boulevard. The only difference now between the marathon and boulevard is the size of the head "wings." And the only difference between the boulevard and pavilion is the CS feature on the harness.

If you're deciding between a Pavilion and Marathon, I'd personally go with the Pavilion. (That's weird that there aren't more pink seats, though...)

Baylor

Sorry. I thought they were sending her 125.00..

See what happens when I don't have enough coffee??? ;)

Id still get whatever, sell it and get something else.. But that is just me...

MoreLatte

I'd get the Pavillion over the MA because I like the extra side impact protection:) I do wish they had more girly cover options though, their selection is pitiful these days.

thtr4me

Just based on fabric, I would go with the Pavilion. If she likes pink, I think that one is the better choice.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Sophia Pavilion! I'd actually get the Anna Advocate if it were me. :)

babyherder

I think the Sophia Pavilion is super cute! But I really like the ra55 in Isabella so it would be a hard call.

Ugh... This is hard! I played with the Pavilion at BRU tonight and hate it. I took my friend's 4 year old daughter to BRU and Chipotle... In exchange for testing out the Pavilion, she got a baby Tiana doll and was thrilled so it worked out :)

I truly don't like or want it. I hate everything they've changed and that crazy new harness sucks and I'm near certain that Olivia has more room to grow in this old style one. Dealing with Hugs sucks enough but the new ones are like bricks and trying to loosen the harness is a joke. It will drive me insane, I want a regular seat. The RA55 is easy and no crap to loosen, buckle and actually use. I am used to flipping up the adjuster plate and pulling the harness to loosen it.... Well the Pavilion doesn't do that because the stupid Hugs are somehow attached through the back of the seat and it's EXTREMELY frustrating.

She sits in the center... Would you feel "guilty" getting a seat without headwings?

I just want that pepto, obnoxious, in your face fluorescent pink Isabella RA55 :) ... Just a disclaimer, it's truly not *just* the color, I really thought I'd like all the new things about the Pavilion.

babyherder

I wouldn't feel bad getting the ra55 at all. Knowing how to use your seat correctly and being able to do so (and not wanting to take a hammer to it) make it safer than a more expensive seat.

So being in the center is never an issue because she's almost always the only one with me at the time and so unless someone feels there is a huge benefit to the headwings, I may just go with the RA55 or possibly MA.

I'm sorry about my rant earlier.... I know I was overly frustrated with that seat but the changes (although I understand why they made them) are nothing but stupid and annoying to those of us that know how to properly use a seat. Attaching the Hugs to the seat is idiotic and makes the seat difficult to use and tighten in my opinion.

So weight limit aside, the only real difference between the MA 70 and the RA55 is just the no rethread harness, right?

2BunniesMommy

I had an Isabella! It is so pretty. Just make sure Olivia has room to grow in it. I know she is a little older than DD2 and she outgrew it about a year ago. The Classic seats allow for quite a bit more height. I also found it harder to get her in and out of than a Classic MA, but that was rear facing. Just tried her in it FFing one time right before we passed it on. She was right at the top...and not quite 3. Beautiful seat if it fits though!

Chila88

Attaching the Hugs to the seat is idiotic and makes the seat difficult to use and tighten in my opinion.

I was doing a clinic this weekend and helping one family who had a G2 Britax and a G3. They HATED the G3 and found it so so so frustrating to use in comparison to the G2 because of the HUGS being attached with those black straps. I understand why they're there.....but they seem to make it a very annoying seat to use on a daily basis. Too bad.....

As for your dilema.....I don't know what to tell you! It sucks! If it were me I'd be doing my best to beg them for a Frontier. I'd express my frustration with their new seats and hope they make an exception to their rule.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC