MySize 70 for newborns? (And other newborn carseat Qs...)

grace

Any reviews on this for newborns and infants? Despite the weight ratings, is it really small enough to fit a newborn? (Also, I could have SWORN the display was both a boy and a girl print, but Graco doesn't even list a girl print available? We were at BRU, and I know it was the MyLife we were looking at)

Regarding the issues some have with harness tightening - is it THAT bad? I have this issue with our Radian, which I don't care for, is it worse than that? Any other concerns with the seat?

I didn't get a lot of time to play with the seat, but the stats at least seemed impressive. We've been debating skipping a bucket, but I worry about getting a convertible only to have a baby too small to fit when we leave the hospital!

Another option, if we skip a bucket, would be to put my 2.5YO into the MySize RFing, and use the Boulevard 70 for newbie, if I can find the infant padding. Toddler knows how to loosen his straps and slide out of them in the Boulevard, so maybe the MySize would be harder for him to get out of? Would a Boulevard fit a newborn? It seems so big even on those lower straps.

We do also have a Radian here, but we'll probably sell it. I am not a fan, which I found out the hard way!

Lastly... If we DO get a bucket (it would certainly be nice for a winter baby, and for those quick errands where baby is sleeping!), any reason not to go with a SnugRide 30? Or even the lower weight Snugride, since we'll be switching to a convertible eventually anyway? This is our last baby, so I'm not worried so much about the lifespan on the buckets, just fit and safety for the few months we'll be using one.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The My Size really does fit newborns, at least the one or two I've seen pictured. It's also a small seat with the headrest all the way down. Another seat to consider would be the Maxi Cosi Pria. You can buy the Britax positioning wedge online, if you go that route.

I don't think you can buy the Snugride 22 outside of a travel system anymore, so the 30 is the lower weight one (there's also the 35 and 40 still sold). No problems at all in buying it. It's taller than the 22, fits smaller babies better than the 35, has a rectangular base so it fits well with others rather than a flared base of the 22 and 35, it's fairly narrow, and now it allows the handle in all positions in the car. So yes, great seat if you go the bucket route.

Wendy

grace

Have you seen the carseatblog review?

http://carseatblog.com/18372/graco-size4me-70-convertible-carseat-review/

There is a newborn doll pic and it looks like it fits awesome.

I haven't had trouble tightening the harness. It might not be as buttery smooth as the Britax convertibles but I haven't had near the problems that others have said.

Hadn't seen that yet, thank you!

I will say, I've been terribly spoiled with my Britax! It's like buttah! :)

Didn't know that about the 22, we're absolutely not getting a travel system, so I guess we'll be looking at a 30. Are there other good buckets in the same or lower price range? It gets too heavy to haul around after 4 months or so anyway, so weight limit isn't an issue as much as safety and price. And since it's our last child, a short lifespan wouldn't be a major deterrent either. Baby will be going in a captains chair in the middle row of the van, so no worries about puzzling with other seats either, thankfully!

mom of six

Can't say much about the MySize but I will give my :twocents: about the bucket. I would go with a SnugRide 32 rather than the SR30 so that you have the OPTION to bring baby into the store or what not when he/she is bigger. You can leave the SR32 in the car and put baby in and out just like a convertible...but... on the off chance that he or she does fall asleep you have the option to put the car seat on a stroller or in the grocery cart and hopefully he or she will stay asleep.

When my twins were infants I used SR20's, which they outgrew at 7 months,then switched one to RF Radian and the other to a SS1 (same shell as the SR32/35) that I had been given by a trusted friend. I found myself putting the twin that I knew was going to fall asleep in the SS1 so I didn't have to wake him or her up to take into the store. It was heavy to carry but I always tried to park close to the cart return so I could get a cart right away and put the car seat directly into the basket and not carry it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC