Question Amazon.ca Frontier 85

tam_shops

I saw the post about the great price Amazon has on the Frontier (other seats), but isn't this the American version of the seat?

[ame="http://www.amazon.ca/Britax-Frontier-Combination-Seat-Onyx/dp/B007M7XZ2O/ref=lh_ni_t"]Frontier 85 at Amazon.ca[/ame]

Is that the right one? Was in the process of actually ordering and got cold feet now! LOL

tam

ADS

Nimommyof2

Does the frontier take up more room side to side than the nautilas? Can you adjust the harness height while its installed? Says you can still order and they'll send you one when they get more

featherhead

Does the frontier take up more room side to side than the nautilas? Can you adjust the harness height while its installed? Says you can still order and they'll send you one when they get more

The official measurements show the Frontier is 1/2" narrower I believe. They are very different shapes as well. The Frontier is wide all the way up, and the GN gets narrower.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The official measurements show the Frontier is 1/2" narrower I believe. They are very different shapes as well. The Frontier is wide all the way up, and the GN gets narrower.

That surprises me. The Frontier definitely takes up more room in my vehicles than what our Nauti does.

The Frontier you don't have to re-thread the harness but you need to uninstall it in most vehicles in order to get your hand at the harness height adjuster. Or at least loosen the installation. I've changed the Nautilus harness height and the classic Marathon height with the same degree of looseness that I need to adjust the Frontier, so I'd say the only thing you're saving is having to re-thread and the Frontier height needs to be adjusted more often.

Overall though - is it a skinny kid or a solid kid? Broader kids may be more comfy in the Frontier, and it has more space in the crotch as well if that's likely to be an issue. The 2 seats really fit quite differently.

tam_shops

Ok ordered and am hoping for the best. That leaves me 2 seats to go! LOL Nice thing about Amazon is that I can cancel it any time...

Not sure about the description being right, says, "22-65 Pounds", isn't it 25# minimum for weight?

The thing I look forward to w/ the Frontier is the head slump issue I always had w/ ODS when in the Graco Nautilus.

Though, he was in a booster today and it just doesn't impress me the way he moves around and leans...will see, hope I don't kick myself for only buying 1 Frontier. I've been wanting one for awhile now, and it's on sale! LOL

tam

snowbird25ca

Ok ordered and am hoping for the best. That leaves me 2 seats to go! LOL Nice thing about Amazon is that I can cancel it any time...

Not sure about the description being right, says, "22-65 Pounds", isn't it 25# minimum for weight?

The thing I look forward to w/ the Frontier is the head slump issue I always had w/ ODS when in the Graco Nautilus.

Though, he was in a booster today and it just doesn't impress me the way he moves around and leans...will see, hope I don't kick myself for only buying 1 Frontier. I've been wanting one for awhile now, and it's on sale! LOL

tam

Head slump is hard to say. DD didn't slump in the Nauti and did slump in the Frontier. Ds no longer slumps in the Nautilus unless he falls asleep mid-sentence. ;) He was in a Triumph in our truck until he was 4.5 so I don't know how much different he would've been in the Frontier had he been in it from the time he went ff'ing.

The minimum weight limit on the Frontier is 25lbs. I'm guessing Amazon just doesn't know what they're talking about. You could always call Britax and ask them if Amazon is carrying their seats in Canada?

Nimommyof2

That surprises me. The Frontier definitely takes up more room in my vehicles than what our Nauti does.

The Frontier you don't have to re-thread the harness but you need to uninstall it in most vehicles in order to get your hand at the harness height adjuster. Or at least loosen the installation. I've changed the Nautilus harness height and the classic Marathon height with the same degree of looseness that I need to adjust the Frontier, so I'd say the only thing you're saving is having to re-thread and the Frontier height needs to be adjusted more often.

Overall though - is it a skinny kid or a solid kid? Broader kids may be more comfy in the Frontier, and it has more space in the crotch as well if that's likely to be an issue. The 2 seats really fit quite differently.

I only need for harness height but I can't justify it right now anyway hopefully the kids only grow in the legs for the next six months

tam_shops

My livia frontier is ordered. Not shipped yet. My livia sgl came this morning. May 2012 Dom. But okay for the price. And it was Canadian.

Thanks so much for letting us know! I've been kind of wondering and hearing about seats not sold here bought, and kind of wondering if there was an accidental Amazon link! LOL So, when the wrong name was there...I do have a wild imagination! LOL

tam

winter

So is 238.90 a good sale price for this seat? This is not a seat I watch.
Does anyone know if these fit well in a 2005 Grand Caravan with stow and go seats?

snowbird25ca

So is 238.90 a good sale price for this seat? This is not a seat I watch.
Does anyone know if these fit well in a 2005 Grand Caravan with stow and go seats?

A normal price is $299.99. Most seats fit well in the Caravan so I wouldn't expect any problems at all.

tam_shops

I've been watching/waiting for a sale on this seat for like a year.

The Rushmore was on sale at TRU once, something like $280 (??), maybe twice not sure. And, that's been it. So, $244 for this seat is a great deal and I like that it's from Amazon so you should (??) be able to return it if you're not happy with it. I suspect it's only on for such a great deal b/c they are out of stock, but not sure.

ODS sat in YDS's today. I pick them up separately after school and the Frontier is on my side of the car and ODS still has his cast one, so 5pt is easier to buckle himself. He wasn't happy about it. Told me it wasn't as comfortable as his Oobr (yeah b/c I was worried some kids found it uncomfortable). When I asked what was uncomfortable he said that it leaned back too much and the straps. LOL Wouldn't admit to any of it being more comfortable than the Oobr! LOL

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC