Special Tomato MPS Car Seat

TyAndCheyMommy

I noticed there isn't much information about the Special Tomato MPS car seat on here, so I thought I would try and help out anyone who wants to know about it!
We have both a size small with both regular and extended seat and an size large with both small and extended seat!

Here is a picture of my 6 year old son in the size large. He has the extended seat in use, but he is quite large for his age. My 6 year old daughter (a bit short for her age) fits on a lower setting of the size small with non extended seat.

C0C8235A-093B-4968-BC99-4A10A5906EA0-534-0000009DDD7D7C42_zps63bd332d.jpg

Size small with daughter in it without being in car.
919955A4-9CD0-43E7-999B-B255AD42298C-5779-00000407BED96011.jpg

The tray and foot rest are not approved for use in a vehicle.
The seats themselves are made of a plastic material, and the cushions are pretty squishy. They are comfortable!

My 15 year old son is able to fit in the size large with it on highest settings.

The seats can be used as car seat, on home base, or in a stroller.
The harness is kind of a pain IMO because the buckles fall down into cushions a lot and the adjusters are on each shoulder strap. The harness is a continuous harness. It also has no official harness hole heights. It is a large slit for each, and then the height of the back cushion determines the height of the harness.

ADS

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Adding to info above:

The seat is approved for airline use.

It is heavy and requires special top tether hardware after a certain weight (sorry, can't remember the #).

It is a TALL seat with a high base (think MA) so it will not work well in smaller sedans. As a result of the height, one of my friends grew too big for caregivers to lift her in/out of the seat before she outgrew the seat itself.

Provides good support and because the seat pad and back pad are installed with velcro, it's easy to adjust/tweak the positioning/support the seat provides.

It works great on the beach (the rubbery/plastic materials doesn't soak up liquid) but cleaning the sand out of the velcro is a PITB. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC