NBD October 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryssy Jane

shoot they still haven't taken back the defective britax carrier I got from them a couple months ago. I've been calling weekly ever since I received it and have received terrible customer service on their part. I was told they weren't doing britax returns because too many people were buying, cutting the upc codes then returning.

ADS

Jessica61624

Cryssy Jane said:
shoot they still haven't taken back the defective britax carrier I got from them a couple months ago. I've been calling weekly ever since I received it and have received terrible customer service on their part. I was told they weren't doing britax returns because too many people were buying, cutting the upc codes then returning.

I really hope mine has a UPC. You'd think to cut Down on. Returns they'd check for the UPC.

Cryssy Jane

Bunch of boulevards for $163. An rxt for $164.

Eta: I have the rxt in my cart if anyone wants it. Put in at 9:26pst so it'll either fall out or I can release it.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Lilybug1

Anyone wnat the Bob Ironman? I don't know how long it will be in my cart? I can't justify purchasing another fixed wheel when I still have to sell the Sport Utility and I think what I really want/need is the revolution.

lilbitcrunchy

Are the sides of an RXT ( you know on the bottom of the seat, the two small side pieces that come up) supposed to have some play? They move side to side and one side can go to a complete 45 degree angle so I'm pretty sure this thing is damaged :thumbsdown: DD's XTSL does not move an inch but I don't know if they changed that part of the design. So disappointed.

crunchierthanthou

Are the sides of an RXT ( you know on the bottom of the seat, the two small side pieces that come up) supposed to have some play? They move side to side and one side can go to a complete 45 degree angle so I'm pretty sure this thing is damaged :thumbsdown: DD's XTSL does not move an inch but I don't know if they changed that part of the design. So disappointed.

Yes, they flex in and out. They can go wider to accommodate older/ heavier kids. It's a change with the Diono seats. It's one of the first things I show parents when I help install them. Same goes with the holes for the cupholder so they don't think the cover is faulty.

lilbitcrunchy

Yes, they flex in and out. They can go wider to accommodate older/ heavier kids.

Omgosh thank you :thanx!:I freaked out when I put it in the car LOL when it just collapsed! I'm still mad at myself for not reading that you cant use it as a booster until 50 friggin lbs. Jeez. I was going to let DD have a go at it to see if she was ready but ah well, harness it is. Otherwise then it's totally perfect with all the pieces there. DOM is 5/12!

Lilybug1

I got a little chuckle out of seeing a crunchierthanthou teaching a lilbitcrunchy about the carseat. Not at all crunchy, but I love the screen names!

glowworm

Yea, I do not work nor have I ever worked at the online liquidator, which gets its inventory from auctions/returns, nor am I in the department that sets their prices, but I am a consumer. I buy a lot of stuff online and I do make returns when the place has a generous and open return policy like Amazon. I do not lie or try to get around the return policies. Simply not worth my time, energy, which is part and parcel the reason I shop so much online to begin with. This is not even to mention the bad karma.

Admitting up front that I've never worked for an online store, I do think I'm a logical person. I think it defies logic that someone who is cost-conscious enough to spend so much time stalking deals on a site like NBD would then go ahead and return baby items, such as car seats and strollers, which frankly are cost-prohibitive to pay return shipping on your own just because you don't like the color or had some kind of buyer's remorse. It just doesn't make sense to me.

My lack of retail experience on the corporate end probably plays into my reluctance to blame the customer. This is exactly the same excuse that insurance companies use for raising premiums. I'm more inclined to chalk it up to good ole corporate greed. I'm actually pretty pro-marketplace, so I don't necessarily think that companies or retailers in this case are wrong for wanting more profits, but I'm just not so quick to buy into the party line.

That being said, I do believe they are free to set their prices but we as the consumers are free to determine whether it's worth it to us. For me, the most recent price increases are not enough to make me budge because I know that most of the items I have received have been Amazon returns. For the deeply discounted rates they had before, I jumped on these items knowing the risk of returns and the occasional unscrupulous consumer/returner. For the higher prices, I haven't been so quick to buy and take that calculated risk.

I'm not saying I won't buy again from NBD, but I'm just finding that, for me personally, the offering and pricing as of late has been not been enough for me to take the chances I once did.

It's not all about "corporate greed" - most big corporations have stock holders, etc to answer to. There are so many aspects, people, and operations involved, it's not really worth getting into. I'm also not "blaming" the customer. I'm just pointing out that consumer habits do play into how stores make and change their policies. Amazon no longer offers 365 day returns on baby products. There are, I'm sure a number of reasons why, but if you think none of them have to do with customers and how they shop, I think you'd be very surprised.

Unfortunately, this is what I was talking about. People who truly had defective items lose out because people were returning perfectly good items because they had no UPC. This is a good example of how customers affect policy change. Unfortunately it hurt Cryssy Jane, because she has a legitimate issue with her item, however because other customers who did not have legitimate issues (no UPC) or were dishonest (cutting out the UPC) returned these items, the site had to tighten up their policy.

Cryssy Jane

Unfortunately, this is what I was talking about. People who truly had defective items lose out because people were returning perfectly good items because they had no UPC. This is a good example of how customers affect policy change. Unfortunately it hurt Cryssy Jane, because she has a legitimate issue with her item, however because other customers who did not have legitimate issues (no UPC) or were dishonest (cutting out the UPC) returned these items, the site had to tighten up their policy.

I agree. Sadly I was on the wrong end of it this time, but I can't see how consumers didn't effect the policy changes.

That being said... darn I missed out on another leappad 2... rawr

Lilybug1

Actually, Chryssy said that NBD told her it was because people were cutting the UPC themselves and then returning it.

I don't know if you remember but I actually returned a carrier because it didn't have a UPC on it. Chryssy already had received and complained about her UPC-less carrier, which she says also said looks used. She was waiting on her return label when I received my UPC-less carrier.

I called NBD and I told them that I wanted to the return carrier because it had no UPC on it. To be honest, I never even inspected the product to see if it looked used or dirty, nor did I represent otherwise to NBD. They gave me absolutely no problem about it. I didn't have to argue, convince, or complain. They said they would send me a return label within 48 hours and they did. In other words, NBD deemed it to be a legitimate return. Whether or not, you personally think it should be deemed a legitimate return is irrelevant. It's really not your call.

New grandma

I have had several good deals on carseats and KitchenAid mixers for my girls, but haven't bought much lately. I did manage to get a LeapPad2 for my grandson this week-end though, for half price. The prices seem to be much more hit and miss now though.

Lilybug1

I have had several good deals on carseats and KitchenAid mixers for my girls, but haven't bought much lately. I did manage to get a LeapPad2 for my grandson this week-end though, for half price. The prices seem to be much more hit and miss now though.

Nice score on the Leapad2...I saw one a week or two ago, but it was $79.99, which didn't seem like a great, great deal to me, especially not knowing the condition. So you got it for almost $50?

Phineasmama

They had a bunch of them up this weekend, Sat/Sun for like $50-ish. I wasn't interested in the LeapPad (been there done that) but I was just perusing the toy section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC