Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: NBD October 2012

I have the parkway and the euro in my cart.... thought about buying both, not going to - if someone wants them PM me. I think i have about 15mins left of them holding in my cart.....
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    Duet is definitely NOT for jogging. It has 8 inch wheels. For jogging you want one front wheel rather than two and preferably at least 16 inch wheels in the back.

They have had A LOT of good stuff in the last few days....
    Though I had a car seat in my cart and I was logged in, and I went to check out and it said my cart was empty. It was for a friend and it was to be a spare, but still, super annoying!
    Thanks! i do like the carrycot and regular seat option. Could be great for walks when teh baby is too tiny for the seat and also taking my 20 month (at that time) along. Right now, we have the BJCM-double which I like a lto, but I HATE the infant seat adapter. Might be worth if I could ever snag the mountain buggy and if I stop being scared enough of craigs list to re-list.

did anyone see the price on the rxt that was just up?

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssy Jane View Post
    did anyone see the price on the rxt that was just up?
    $131.99
    Riding in a 2014 Honda Odyssey
    DS1 July 2010 40 pounds 43" FF in a Congo Frontier 90
    and DS2 Nov 2012 27 pounds 36" ERF in a Faux Hawk Foonf

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    $131.99
    thanks and darn, that's less than i paid yesterday.

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

bah! I keep missing the uploads. Why did I spend an hour wandering Target? I was just there yesterday.

Oh yeah. It's because both kids were in school so I was alone. I only have one more chance to say that.

Does NBD tend to have decent carseat selection frequently or is it sporadic enough that buying months in advance makes sense? I still haven't decided which infant seat 100%, but am now leaning toward getting a SR35 and just using our CoCo in our Jetta (because I honestly don't think a SR35 will leave room for a passenger, but I wonder if that will be true of all the larger infant seats.) They have the color I'd want now but I really don't need one until January or early February even. Is it likely there will be more at the ~$80 price point before then?

ETA: We aren't planning on more kiddos so really the "usable life" of the seat only matters to me in that I'm being silly and want the seat to be as new as possible when it is used in March.
    DD 12/08 FF in FR90, FR85 and booster training in a Graco Affix (44.25", 44 lbs @ 6 years)
    DS 3/13 RF in a Blvd and Evenflo Sureride (35.75", 25 lbs @ 2 years)

Carseat Crazy

I want a cow Chaperone, but don't need it for a year. I should wait right? (It's just so hard to pass up such a deal!)

I'm going to release a clek oob, it the monkey one. I'll release at 6:04.

Kelley

Quote Originally Posted by LifeAtHome
    I want a cow Chaperone, but don't need it for a year. I should wait right? (It's just so hard to pass up such a deal!)
    I'd get it if you want it. I ended up getting a keyfit yesterday afterall. I'm not pregnant and we won't be trying until next summer. So best case scenario, we'll use the seat in 18 months.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

I snagged a recaro euro today. Ended up being $120 with tax and shipping. I don't usually stalk NBD, but someone on DS mentioned they had a ton of car seats listed today so I grabbed it. I've been wanting to try Charlie in a recaro convertible for years! They look like they'd be really supportive, so we'll see.
    Shauna, mom to Adrian (9 yrs, 54" and 83 lbs), in an Evenflo Amp and Charlie (6 yrs, 42" and 35 lbs), in an Evenflo Titan 65.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    Does NBD tend to have decent carseat selection frequently or is it sporadic enough that buying months in advance makes sense? I still haven't decided which infant seat 100%, but am now leaning toward getting a SR35 and just using our CoCo in our Jetta (because I honestly don't think a SR35 will leave room for a passenger, but I wonder if that will be true of all the larger infant seats.) They have the color I'd want now but I really don't need one until January or early February even. Is it likely there will be more at the ~$80 price point before then?

ETA: We aren't planning on more kiddos so really the "usable life" of the seat only matters to me in that I'm being silly and want the seat to be as new as possible when it is used in March.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I'd get it if you want it. I ended up getting a keyfit yesterday afterall. I'm not pregnant and we won't be trying until next summer. So best case scenario, we'll use the seat in 18 months.
    It's sporadic and often can be difficult to snag something you want. If you know you're going to want one and don't mind losing a few months on the expiration, I would snag what you can when you can. I don't need a blvd until at least Feb, but I snagged one last month (it was to replace our BLVD 65, so I was storing one either way). Just my 2 cents.

Carseat Crazy

Thanks gals, I went for it and picked up the Chaperone for $123 shipped and an onside air I'd been wanting as a spare for $50 shipped since both were exactly what I wanted and the best prices I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Hmm, I probably wouldn't go that far just because there's no saying what will change in over a year. There might be new tempting carseats or better bargains. Would you mind telling me what the price on the KF was? I haven't seen one posted yet.
    DD 12/08 FF in FR90, FR85 and booster training in a Graco Affix (44.25", 44 lbs @ 6 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom

Hmm, I probably wouldn't go that far just because there's no saying what will change in over a year. There might be new tempting carseats or better bargains. Would you mind telling me what the price on the KF was? I haven't seen one posted yet.
    It was $90 something, $101 shipped.
    I decided to go ahead now because I really wanted a keyfit, I don't like the other infant seats as much and I didn't want to spend more than $100 so any new and cool seat that might come out will be more than I want to spend because they are all over $100 these days. And it was the midori green which is my favorite of the options after the pink foxy color (but of course I can't predict whether or not I'll have a girl and who knows if that pink one will ever be on NBD anyway). And I decided to grab it now while I had the money, before it got spent on anything else. Also, who knows if the midori green will ever be on NBD ever again, and if it ever is, I may not notice or have the money at the time. I don't mind losing some usable life because it will have enough time left for as long as we need it. The next baby will be our last.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Anyone need a Roundabout 55? I have it in my cart right now

Thanks for the pricing info on the Keyfit. The Midori is nice (but I don't think the Foxy is too pink for a boy either although I haven't seen that one IRL).

Lots up!! If anyone sees a Radian 100 or 120 they don't need themselves, would you please PM me?? Thanks!!
    Sarah, SAHM to J (07/11) and expecting L early July 2013! Using Chicco KF30, RA55, & Radian100. Not ISO anything at the moment

Blue Parkway for $52.99. Anyone looking for this seat still?

Or RA55 in Onyx for $91.99? They're both currently in my cart as I try to stalk for the Ergo.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    Blue Parkway for $52.99. Anyone looking for this seat still?

Or RA55 in Onyx for $91.99? They're both currently in my cart as I try to stalk for the Ergo.
    Did you want the PPB Ergo? It's in my cart right now.
    Riding in a 2014 Honda Odyssey
    DS1 July 2010 40 pounds 43" FF in a Congo Frontier 90
    and DS2 Nov 2012 27 pounds 36" ERF in a Faux Hawk Foonf

22. Thank You from: