Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has anybody called to see how many Britax chest clips one person can order at a time?

Seriously! That $8 shipping for one $3.00 chest clip is ridiculous! I didn't pay much more than that for shipping for new harness straps and a new cover! If anyones tries it, I'll buy a couple from you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member supercrunch's Avatar

Re: Has anybody called to see how many Britax chest clips one person can order at a time?

by playing around with their website, it looks like you can order up to 8 chest clips with an $8.50 shipping charge. Any more than that and the shipping bumps up to $10

Re: Has anybody called to see how many Britax chest clips one person can order at a time?

If you order, I want one please!
    Maiya ~ 12y/80lbs ~ Jane Indy Plus ~ Hayden ~ 9y/55lbs ~ SK Monterey ~ Quinn ~ 8y/45lbs ~ RXT ~ Mitchell ~ 18m/24lbs ~ Arctic Cat MA

CPS Technician

I'm be up for getting one as well, maybe 2...
    Becky CPS Tech, driver of '05 Quest, and Mama to
    DS 8y 6m (51.5" 61# torso 20") Backless Turbo and parkway
    DD 6y 4m (47" 42.5# torso 16") Parkway and Radian F/F
    DD 4y 1m (42" 35# torso 15") Marathon F/F

Senior Community Member supercrunch's Avatar

So if 8 people order, and split the shipping 8 ways, it will be $4.06 per chest clip...then actual shipping from the orderer to each person (probably around $1 each)

I would be in for at least 2, possibly 3

Anyone want to organize this?
    I would, but I don't have my paypal account hooked up to my bank account (so I still have sending and receiving limits)

CPS Fanatic

LOL, i can see it now. GB on chest clips...
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

OK, what does GB mean ?

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

group buy?
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Sooooo, I wonder how many you can get for $10 shipping?

Wow, I just tried it. It went up to 25 before changing to $15!

Think someone could sell that many for $5 each including shipping?

Sure beats $11!

Senior Community Member

I'm up for a couple too, if anyone orders them!
    Michelle, SAHM to Dakota (2000), Kaleb (2002),
    Colton (2006),
    & Caitlyn (2009)

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tjham View Post
    OK, what does GB mean ?
    LOL, i just assumed everyone here knew. GB = group buy in forum shorthand.
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

Carseat Crazy

I'm in for 2, and would be willing to be the buy through person, provided their shipping is fairly quick (we're moving in a month) and people are willing to prepay for their order to my paypal.

If you can get up to 25 for $10 shipping, that's only $.40 shipping, each, plus actual cost to ship to the ultimate owners. Someone help me on this one. I'm guessing they should be able to ship for around $1.00 a piece? So, if we get 25 orders, the "purchase price" would be $3.50 (added .10 for processing ) plus like $1.00 shipping for 1, and like $.50 for each additional.

Would they be okay to just wrap in some packing foam stuff and put in a regular or business envelope and mail that way? Or is there a better/but still cheap way to do it?

Why don't we start an actual count of who wants how many? Cut and paste and add your numbers:

Number of clips: user name: total count:

2 rearfacingadvocate 2 (add your #)

CPS Fanatic

has anyone bothered to call IMMI or recaro to ask their prices and shipping charges? they use the identical clip as the britax.

Carseat Crazy

Good thought. They very well could be cheaper.

Carseat Crazy

Ds hasn't complained yet, but I mine as well get it ahead of time! I would need one.

Carseat Crazy

Just curious.. why are so many of you wanting Britax chest clips?? Is something changing about them?

-Sarah

I guess it would seem strange if you didn't know what we are talking about! The Radian started out with a Britax like chest clip and then changed to one that many of us don't like as well. Russ, a CS rep at Radian's company said it was OK to use a Britax clip (Actually he said "diff clip").

I'm placing an order for chest clips today, but I already need 4, and with my upcoming move, I don't have time to wait and/or ship a whole bunch out.

Sorry.
    Mom to a Crew! Boys 10, 6, 4 and 2 and Girls 9 and 2!
    Don't ask me if I'm having more, I may be tempted to say yes!

Well with 4, at least you're sort of getting your money's worth!

Carseat Crazy

Okay, I contacted REcaro's cust service and here's what they said:

"I can’t guarantee that the chest clip is the same as the Britax chest clip. The clip itself would be $2.50 per clip plus shipping which would probably be about $25.0 - $5.00 depending on where it is going."

So, no gaurentees they are the exact same. But it's a pre-crash conditioner anyway, right? They are cheaper, and I'm guessing she meant $.25-$5.00, or maybe $2.50. I did ask about a group order, but she didn't answer that. However, even if you went for just 2, it would likely be around $10 total, instead of $14 through Britax. Plus, I'd rather mine doesn't say "britax" on it.

Also, it hit me last night, that we're actually moving in only 2 1/2 weeks (time got away), so I can't be the order through. We're moving to Alaska for three months, so I refuse to ship in and out of there.

Stepanie