Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

ProRide Forward Facing Harness Height

I have been searching for the top harness height on the Recaro ProRide when used for forward facing. Does anyone have that info?

I know it is 18.5 for the ProSport.

Any help would be great. Thank you

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: ProRide Forward Facing Harness Height

It's 19" on paper, but most kids are far too uncomfortable to fit in it that long.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

I get 19" when I measure mine.

DS2 has ridden in one a couple of times throughout his forward facing years. Even rode in one for a bit while he was 5. Wasn't uncomfortable at all.
    Jamii ~ CPST ~ Foster Mom
    DS1 / 14 / Seatbelt * DS2 / 11 / Seatblet * DD / 8 / Spectrum and Rodifix * And a RF Headwise for Tiny

CPS Technician

Thank you. My son will be 2 in Dec and he is crazy tall. I'm planing buying a ProSport for my husband’s car (2003 Hyundai Tiburon) because I can't fit any of the extended rear facing seats in it. My son has almost maxed out his Cosco Senera in height.

For my car (2011 Kia Sportage) I want to keep him rear facing. I was thinking about the ProRide but would like it to last until he can move to a booster. Again he is crazy tall and thin.

Any advise on my plan is appreciated.

If your son is extremely tall you might want to consider the Britax Frontier 85 instead of the ProSport, it has the tallest harness on the market.

As far as extended rear facing goes, the ProRide is probably not the best choice for a very tall child. How much does your son weigh? The Diono RXT/R100/R120 are tall seats that RF to 45 lbs. The new Graco MySize 70 is very tall but rear faces to 40 lbs.
    And there is the Clek Foonf that is supposed to be out soon but seems to keep getting delayed, but that one should be really tall and rear faces to 45 lbs.

CPS Technician

He is 21 months, 35 1/2" tall, 27lbs.

I just wish the stores around me carried the seats I'm looking at. Then it would make my decision so much easier. I could just try them out....... oh, well.

I appreciate your feedback.

Where are you located? Look on the BuyBuyBaby website and see if there is one near you. Even if the closest one is an hour or two away, it might be worth the drive to see all the seats

The proride also rearfaces to 40lbs now. It doesn't offer the most legroom, about the same as the britax convertibles. My two year old (36" 30ishlbs) just puts his legs up the back of the seat or sits froggy style. For a narrow child it would last a long time forward facing, my large four year old wasn't uncomfortable or squished ffing in it. It does sit up high, which is great if they like to see out the window, but can be hard to lift them into it, especially in a sedan without hitting heads. I love our proride (and prosport) they're easy to adjust, install easily, and I love the deep sides. They're not for everyone, really if you can get to the store and check them all out, you'll probably be happier with your decision.
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

CPS Technician

So I looked on the BBB website and they don't have any stores in MN. Then, randomly, I decided to google them in MN and it turns out they opened a store about 30 miles from me last July. It's just not on their website store locator (dumb).

Anyway, I'm super excited that I can go see these seats now!!!

Thanks for all the input!

Lol! I was just going to tell you they have one in Woodbury. I don't recall seeing any Recaro's there, but I wasn't looking. I also have a ProRide for Matthew - he's 4, 5 in December and ff. He like's it because it's high up and he can see out the window, which he was just at eye level with the window in his Secure Kid 400. He's never rear faced in it. He's still got a couple inches of growing room and doesn't seem too cramped, but is also is on the skinny side. Is the 40 lbs rf limit retroactive? I don't recall the DOM of the one I have, I'd have to look.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

according to the previous thread it is retroactive http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=231693
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

Quote Originally Posted by colleenn
    So I looked on the BBB website and they don't have any stores in MN. Then, randomly, I decided to google them in MN and it turns out they opened a store about 30 miles from me last July. It's just not on their website store locator (dumb).

Anyway, I'm super excited that I can go see these seats now!!!

Thanks for all the input!
    Same for me! I checked their site and it said no stores in Ks then I'm driving around overland park (45 min from us) and there's a buybuy baby right there! I think they need to update their website! And wow I was in heaven in that store! Lol more carseats and jujube bags than I have ever seen in one place!
    Abbi, mama to three girls! Riding in our 06 Ford Freestyle.
    Nadia Grace (11/06) - Graco Turbo Safety Surround
    Zoe Mae (12/09) - Recaro Prosport
    Matilda Rosalee (01/12) - RFing MA70