ProRide Forward Facing Harness Height

colleenn

CPS Technician
I have been searching for the top harness height on the Recaro ProRide when used for forward facing. Does anyone have that info?

I know it is 18.5 for the ProSport.

Any help would be great. Thank you

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's 19" on paper, but most kids are far too uncomfortable to fit in it that long.

Wendy

djma

I get 19" when I measure mine.

DS2 has ridden in one a couple of times throughout his forward facing years. Even rode in one for a bit while he was 5. Wasn't uncomfortable at all. :scratcheshead:

colleenn

CPS Technician
Thank you. My son will be 2 in Dec and he is crazy tall. I'm planing buying a ProSport for my husband’s car (2003 Hyundai Tiburon) because I can't fit any of the extended rear facing seats in it. My son has almost maxed out his Cosco Senera in height.

For my car (2011 Kia Sportage) I want to keep him rear facing. I was thinking about the ProRide but would like it to last until he can move to a booster. Again he is crazy tall and thin.

Any advise on my plan is appreciated.

Phineasmama

If your son is extremely tall you might want to consider the Britax Frontier 85 instead of the ProSport, it has the tallest harness on the market.

As far as extended rear facing goes, the ProRide is probably not the best choice for a very tall child. How much does your son weigh? The Diono RXT/R100/R120 are tall seats that RF to 45 lbs. The new Graco MySize 70 is very tall but rear faces to 40 lbs.
And there is the Clek Foonf that is supposed to be out soon but seems to keep getting delayed, but that one should be really tall and rear faces to 45 lbs.

colleenn

CPS Technician
He is 21 months, 35 1/2" tall, 27lbs.

I just wish the stores around me carried the seats I'm looking at. Then it would make my decision so much easier. I could just try them out....... oh, well.

I appreciate your feedback.

Phineasmama

Where are you located? Look on the BuyBuyBaby website and see if there is one near you. Even if the closest one is an hour or two away, it might be worth the drive to see all the seats :)

Spam

The proride also rearfaces to 40lbs now. It doesn't offer the most legroom, about the same as the britax convertibles. My two year old (36" 30ishlbs) just puts his legs up the back of the seat or sits froggy style. For a narrow child it would last a long time forward facing, my large four year old wasn't uncomfortable or squished ffing in it. It does sit up high, which is great if they like to see out the window, but can be hard to lift them into it, especially in a sedan without hitting heads. I love our proride (and prosport) they're easy to adjust, install easily, and I love the deep sides. They're not for everyone, really if you can get to the store and check them all out, you'll probably be happier with your decision.

colleenn

CPS Technician
So I looked on the BBB website and they don't have any stores in MN. Then, randomly, I decided to google them in MN and it turns out they opened a store about 30 miles from me last July. It's just not on their website store locator (dumb).

Anyway, I'm super excited that I can go see these seats now!!!

Thanks for all the input!

cookie123

Lol! I was just going to tell you they have one in Woodbury. I don't recall seeing any Recaro's there, but I wasn't looking. I also have a ProRide for Matthew - he's 4, 5 in December and ff. He like's it because it's high up and he can see out the window, which he was just at eye level with the window in his Secure Kid 400. He's never rear faced in it. He's still got a couple inches of growing room and doesn't seem too cramped, but is also is on the skinny side. Is the 40 lbs rf limit retroactive? I don't recall the DOM of the one I have, I'd have to look.

abbi_n_nadia

colleenn said:
So I looked on the BBB website and they don't have any stores in MN. Then, randomly, I decided to google them in MN and it turns out they opened a store about 30 miles from me last July. It's just not on their website store locator (dumb).

Anyway, I'm super excited that I can go see these seats now!!!

Thanks for all the input!

Same for me! I checked their site and it said no stores in Ks then I'm driving around overland park (45 min from us) and there's a buybuy baby right there! I think they need to update their website! And wow I was in heaven in that store! Lol more carseats and jujube bags than I have ever seen in one place!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC