HBB with best shoulder belt compatibility?

mimieliza

Which high back booster has a shoulder belt guide that tends to be compatible with lots of different car shoulder belts?

Both the Turbobooster and the Parkway SGL just don't work well with my 2002 Subaru Forester. The shoulder belt gets caught up in the guide and doesn't allow the belt to retract.

I'm almost to the point of just putting dd in a no back booster in that car but I would just feel better if she had some side impact protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

Lemonade

Was thinking about starting a thread like this because DH drives a 2003 Forester! I've tried a Cybex, SGL, and Monterey and they all don't retract. I was thinking about buying a turbo with safety surround to try but I'd really like to only use latch-able boosters. Especially because it's DH's car and he's a ditz and rarely has the kids. So for now DS is staying in his FR85 in DH's car.

momtoo3

The Vivo has worked well in all the vehicles I have tried it in except a Chrysler 300, in that one the shoulder belt was fine but the seat sat too low so it was incompatible with the long buckle stalks. The Vivo works well in the 3rd row of my van where many other boosters don't because the shoulder belt won't retract.

aeormsby

I was going to say Vivo also. We had shoulder belt retraction problems in our truck with our PWSGL - Vivo works perfectly.

I think the main thing is that with the Vivo the belt guide is on the side, on many of the others it's more to the back.

mimieliza

Was thinking about starting a thread like this because DH drives a 2003 Forester! I've tried a Cybex, SGL, and Monterey and they all don't retract. I was thinking about buying a turbo with safety surround to try but I'd really like to only use latch-able boosters. Especially because it's DH's car and he's a ditz and rarely has the kids. So for now DS is staying in his FR85 in DH's car.

Don't bother with the Safety Surround Turbo for the Forester, it doesn't work either (although I love it in my Odyssey).

mimieliza

The Vivo has worked well in all the vehicles I have tried it in except a Chrysler 300, in that one the shoulder belt was fine but the seat sat too low so it was incompatible with the long buckle stalks. The Vivo works well in the 3rd row of my van where many other boosters don't because the shoulder belt won't retract.

I was going to say Vivo also. We had shoulder belt retraction problems in our truck with our PWSGL - Vivo works perfectly.

I think the main thing is that with the Vivo the belt guide is on the side, on many of the others it's more to the back.

Yeah, I was thinking Vivo. DH is going to be pissed, since I just bought the Safety Surround Turbo. I'm irritated because the Parkway SGL was a huge, expensive mistake. I wanted it for the SG clip, but I've never been happy with the lap fit, prefer the SIP on the Graco, and do not like how heavy it is, since I don't have LATCH. I should probably sell it, but I will lose money since the cover is stained. Grrrr...

Lemonade

I bought a Vivo. It works nicely with the shoulder belt. However, the lap belt is held so far away from the body because of the seat that my <3rd%ile kid couldn't use it. It just wasn't touching him enough to be able to restrain him.

Darn. For a kid who is fluffier than <3rd%ile, it might be just fine and dandy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC