true fits on sale $99 online - BRU

ADS

amyd

The Lamaze ones are newer and a BRU exclusive. They are a bit more than the The First Years version anyway...nicer cover, etc.

V

VanIsleMommy

I grabbed one too.... with the shorter shell for infants I can leave this installed in dh's truck without him complaining about seat room.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
First Years rebranded their stuff as Lamaze this year, so the difference between First Years an Lamaze will indicate the date of manufacture period on them.

I'm fairly certain that all The First years seats for $99 are all manufactured in the 2nd quarter of 2010 and have essentially 4.5yrs left before expiring.

farrbabies

Mine just arrived today and dom is jan11 2010. Should I just return it? Canadian tire has true fits as first years Dom June 2012. When are they all changing to Lamaze?

snowbird25ca

Mine just arrived today and dom is jan11 2010. Should I just return it? Canadian tire has true fits as first years Dom June 2012. When are they all changing to Lamaze?

Hmm - all of our First Years strollers/Car Seats have been branded as Lamaze for a good 9 or 10 months. But I'm trying to remember where the branding is now. Whether it's in the manual or on the box or somewhere else.

I'd base the decision to return on if you need a maximum lifespan out of the seat or not. Is an extra 2.5 yrs worth $130 to you? If so then return it and get the newer one. If not, then keep the one you have and worry about the next seat when this one expires. :)

new2009

Now I'm worried about the DOM on my yet to be delivered seat. The sale is advertised in a sale effective tomorrow on the BRU flyer but the link doesn't work anymore.

In how many years do True Fits expire from DOM? Thanks

V

VanIsleMommy

Mine is a Jan 1 2010 DOM - good until 2017. to me, $99 for a seat that is going to last 5 years is a great deal... especially considering the other seat options in that price range.

snowbird25ca

Mine is a Jan 1 2010 DOM - good until 2017. to me, $99 for a seat that is going to last 5 years is a great deal... especially considering the other seat options in that price range.

That's my line of thinking too. Especially for families who are buying the seat for a kid who is 10 or 11 months old, the seat is going to last most of them until their kid is moving in to a booster. And I don't know of any other $99 seat that can do that by both weight and height for most kids.

new2009

If these were manufactured in early 2010, are they 2012 compliant? If not, are there safety disadvantages b/w this version and the 2012 compliant version? I'm not going to compromise safety for $120 in savings. Thanks.

V

VanIsleMommy

yes, the version BRU is selling with the anti rebound bar and all Lamaze brand true fits are 2012 compliant.

farrbabies

I really like the blue in the pattern. I also like the corduroy. I actually got mine at 10% off because they made a mistake with my last order. They also gave me free shipping. So I can't complain for $94 after taxes. Plus I didn't know it was a 7 year life Span. So that's great for me. I really like the true fit. My son is 3 and 27 pounds and I should be able to keep him rfing in the van till 4. And on a side note I wish this seat was more readily available at Walmart etc. It's super easy to install. Oh Walmart price matches online. But you have to buy at full price then get a refund for the sale. But you "may" get a better dom?

Pixelated

I really like the blue in the pattern. I also like the corduroy. I actually got mine at 10% off because they made a mistake with my last order. They also gave me free shipping. So I can't complain for $94 after taxes. Plus I didn't know it was a 7 year life Span. So that's great for me. I really like the true fit. My son is 3 and 27 pounds and I should be able to keep him rfing in the van till 4. And on a side note I wish this seat was more readily available at Walmart etc. It's super easy to install. Oh Walmart price matches online. But you have to buy at full price then get a refund for the sale. But you "may" get a better dom?

Canadian Tire is now carrying it. It wasn't on the shelf at my store but I asked for it (in general, not to buy) and they are now planning to keep it stocked. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC