Question Rear leg room measurements

HayleyCPST

I've asked this before without a conclusive answer...

If the interior specifications of a car state "55 inches" rear leg room, does that mean the measure from the seat back in the second row to the seat back in the front row? Are the front seats all the way back or all the way forward?

Any comments would be great!
Thanks

ADS

Brianna

Huh. I never really paid attention to that. I'll grab the measurements for my car later and head out with a measuring tape to see what I can find out. If anybody else is home I'll try to compare theirs as well.

Are you getting the info from Edmunds or somewhere else?

HayleyCPST

The rear leg room info for my car is not online or in the manual, but I've measured it's around 53" across in the backseat.

I'm looking to buy another Volvo, but a 1999 v70. I just googled the dimensions and it showed 35" rear leg room.

Thank you!

ETA: I suppose I should just bring a tape measure when I go to test drive it again! They might think I'm weird though...oh well!

Brianna

Ah. Rear leg room and rear hip room aren't the same. Maybe that's the discrepancy? My rear hip room is 52" but rear leg room is 37.6" according to Edmunds. Or wait- did you measure the 53" from your back seat to the seat in front of it?

HayleyCPST

ok sorry I'm jumping all over the place!
No hip or leg room measurements are available for my current car. I've personally measured rear hip room for car seat purposes.

However, I'm curious about how "they" measure leg room. Wondering if it's with the front seat in it's most forward position??

Brianna

I think I'm following now! I'll still check tonight in my car and see what I can figure out because now you have me curious!

I remember reading a thread about how different places measure trunk room differently but it looks like Edmunds says 35" for the 1999 v70 and I'm using Edmunds for my measurements so we'll see how they compare!

Brianna

Sorry I thought I remembered to respond! From the seat bight to the back of the driver's seat was 37" with the seat moved all the way forward and the seat back slightly reclined.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC