Scenera vs. Tribute debate

alinae

Okay I believe that the Tribute is a fair choice to the Scenera (especially 35lb version) and can last as long if not longer than it. My reasoning for this is that the Scenera uses overall height limits and the Tribute doesn't so if you have a leggy child with a short torso but they are still 36" you can't RF them anymore where as they might still have a little bit left in the Tribute RF because of the one inch rule even though its an inch shorter shell. Is this wrong completely, its from a different board but I didn't want to start a huge fight and drama there. I have some experience with both these seats my 21 mo old currently uses both and at 33" tall she's going to be running out of time RF in the scenera but still has 2-3 inches of seated height left in the tribute. I'm not a tech yet, take the course next month. But I feel like I'm getting wrote off on suggesting the tribute as another option because everytime I suggest it someone shoots it down with- it will be outgrown quicker than the scenera. They are the same price too. I also think the install on the tribute is easier which could be important. TIA

ADS

Brianna

I would just politely respond that your 21 month old has more room left to grow in the Tribute than the Scenera and you prefer the installation on the Tribute. Or when you recommend the Tribute, explain that you prefer it to the Scenera for reasons X, Y and Z but others prefer the Scenera for other reasons.

For what it's worth, I saw in a thread a few days ago that the Tribute will have a 40 RF weight limit soon.

alinae

that would be neat If they would just add that extra inch to the shell it would be better than the Scenera IMO for sure

christineka

I like the tribute better for the same reasons as you. I also like the eps foam and it has the smaller loops for newborns. It's also a really thin seat, so it's great as a giveaway seat.

creideamh

Yep, I LOVE the Tribute. I've had both as travel seats (currently on vacation using a Scenera cause I got rid of my Tribute thinking I was done with it... and the polka dot Scenera matched my stroller... :rolleyes: ) but the installation is a PITA, and I HATE the level line. I so, so, so much prefer the Tribute.

Heather86

I recently gifted a tribute to my cousins baby who is getting kinda squished in her discovery. I was going to go with the scenera and I just kept remembering all the trouble I had getting it level. I liked the cover of the scenera better but I was sold for the easier install and the eps foam. I think they are both great seats for people on a budget or a travel seat. We used a scenera as a primary seat for a while after an accident when ds was smaller.

I will say barked knuckles comes as a free extra with both lol

babyherder

I have a tribute and I really like it for the small kiddo who rides in it. Its a fairly easy install and usually easy to use. The eps foam is important to me. If people really want a budget seat (and I know they'll use it correctly) I tend to mention the scenera first because it might last longer.

rosey2007

I have had both seats and prefer the Tribute as well. Its easier to install, it feels more sturdy to me, no crazy twisty straps. The only thing for the other seat imo is it does have a taller shell.
I liked the Tribute so much that I upgraded to the Triumph and really love that seat as well.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm a big Tribute fan. Really, that single detail isn't a make or break for me. Yeah, so the Scenera measures an inch taller. Whoop. It's not like either seat is going to be used by any carseat geek mom for RF to age 4-5, it's tall enough for the general public mom to make it RF to 2-3, and the nicer belt paths, recline foot and EPS foam ARE valuable pros to take into consideration on the pro-con list, IMO.
Make the shell 2 inches taller and put in some padding, and they'd have such an awesome bargain price range seat. Probably wouldn't be a bargain anymore, though (Titan costs $40 more at BRU, and the slots are lower, but people buy it because it has actual padding and a 50lb label on the harness. Sigh).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC